Forum

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

[Mini tutorial] How to upgrade your server

Edit by mod
    This tuto is for an old version. Don't use the sql part.

I just made a multiplatform server upgrade tutorial for people who are still scratching their heads about upgrading the server. If you spot any problems or have any feedback, feel free to post.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; October 25th, 2011 at 09:46 AM.

Thank you for this but I have a couple questions...

The file I have is named ts3server.sqlitedb not what you wrote... Same thing I am assuming?

Second; When I go to close the program it asks me if I want to save the file. Should I or do I not need to?

Yeah, that was just a mistype on my part. Thanks for pointing it out, I fixed it.

Saving the file at the end is not necessary, it's just a backup action. Then again, just to be sure, check the file modification date to see if it got changed or not.
    Last edited by MoXNoX; December 24th, 2009 at 03:05 AM.

What about those of us using MySQL databases and not the SQLite db?

As I wrote in the tutorial, use your favorite MySQL tool, like the query window of phpmyadmin.

Maybe I missed something but is this tutorial addressing going from the release 2.x version of the server (and database schema) to the beta 3.x version of the server (with the database changes you mentione (i.e. multiple inserts)).

Ahh thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem_Longbow View Post
    Maybe I missed something but is this tutorial addressing going from the release 2.x version of the server (and database schema) to the beta 3.x version of the server (with the database changes you mentione (i.e. multiple inserts)).
    Yes, you missed something. It's a general guide for upgrading the server, even though it specifically mentions the database changes in version 2 and 5.

Updated with 4 additional SQL commands that I missed before.

readed your tutorial.
    ok, perhaps i am stupid, but if we copy ALL files over the old one, should not all files be upgraded to .
    or am i missing a point..
    patching the own sqlite DB,goes with sqliteman ,ok, but can i download the sqlite_db and patch it with windows, and upload it again ?

server is linux, so, therefor the question..

Quote Originally Posted by spatieman View Post
    ok, perhaps i am stupid, but if we copy ALL files over the old one, should not all files be upgraded to .
    or am i missing a point..
    Sorry, I don't understand what you'd like to say here

On your database question, yes, you can upgrade the database on Windows a client and then transfer back the database to your Linux server.

ok, well, i never did any DB upgrades.
    but just for this, what if i do the DB clean command when i start the server?
    wil the new flags not be added automaticly ?

but incase not.

i have now beta9 on my box.

copy/pasting all things to insert, like on your tut page.

insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "b_client_issue_client_query_command", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_client_issue_client_query_c ommand", 100, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "b_client_issue_client_query_command", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_client_issue_client_query_c ommand", 75, 0, 0);
    insert into server_properties ("server_id", "id", "ident", "value") values ('1', '1', 'virtualserver_log_client', '0');
    insert into server_properties ("server_id", "id", "ident", "value") values ('1', '1', 'virtualserver_log_query', '0');
    insert into server_properties ("server_id", "id", "ident", "value") values ('1', '1', 'virtualserver_log_channel', '0');
    insert into server_properties ("server_id", "id", "ident", "value") values ('1', '1', 'virtualserver_log_permissions', '1');
    insert into server_properties ("server_id", "id", "ident", "value") values ('1', '1', 'virtualserver_log_server', '0');
    insert into server_properties ("server_id", "id", "ident", "value") values ('1', '1', 'virtualserver_log_filetransfer', '0');
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "b_virtualserver_modify_priority_speaker_dimm_modi ficator", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_priori ty_speaker_dimm_modificator", 100, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "b_virtualserver_modify_priority_speaker_dimm_modi ficator", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_priori ty_speaker_dimm_modificator", 75, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "b_virtualserver_modify_log_settings", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value,perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 2, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_log_se ttings", 100, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "b_virtualserver_modify_log_settings", 1, 0, 0);
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) values (0, 3, 0, "i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_log_se ttings", 75, 0, 0);

these i have to insert?

well..
    i only got a script started and script finish in script output, but no other message.
    and after saving the SQL went fro m230K to 2K ,so, oeps, yes i made a mistake..
    when i browse theclean DB, i dont see any entry at all...

ok, did a better reading, did clicked the 1st line.
    saw all messaging coming, NO ERRORS.
    after saving, DB still is 2K

what ever i do, the DB after save is 2 KB...
    dont think that should happen..

and when opening that DB ,it show me pure crap..
    Last edited by spatieman; December 26th, 2009 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spatieman View Post
    ok, did a better reading, did clicked the 1st line.
    saw all messaging coming, NO ERRORS.
    after saving, DB still is 2K

what ever i do, the DB after save is 2 KB...
    dont think that should happen..

and when opening that DB ,it show me pure crap..
    Doing sql arguments on a database will change the db instant, with no way to undo your commands.

I think you tried to save the sql commands or something ike that. So after doing the sql commands with sqliteman you dont have to save anything. Just close the tool, and start your server, or upload the db to your machine, what case ever you are in.

Thread Information