Forum

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

move multiple users

When holding Left Ctrl + Left click on the user. We can move multiple users at once instead of moving them one-by-one
    Last edited by trans-am; November 14th, 2014 at 12:55 PM.

There have been 7 years! come on.. whats the problem with implementing it? it sounded like it was just a interface implementation away in 2009..

I feel that this should be implemented. It has happened a couple of times that the mods or admins have been asked to move a couple of people to another channel because they can't move while gaming. You end up hearing "user moved, userd moved, user moved, etc" instead of "multiple users was moved to another channel".

I agree, add this... I know plenty of times where this would come handy.

Any update on this? Would be nice to see this implemented!!

I'd love to see this feature. I've been wondering if I was doing something wrong or if I had to enable it or something.

The Admin Tools plugin seems to be alright too:
    https://www.myteamspeak.com/addons/0...e-9c0e5c0457fa

If it's not on the roadmap, I ask of you to reconsider. It's a lovely feature when you're an actual admin.

Quote Originally Posted by swehunter2000 View Post
    There have been 7 years! come on.. whats the problem with implementing it? it sounded like it was just a interface implementation away in 2009..
    Could be a thing where the entire user action system is only based on a single user selection. Sure they could just loop it but then there may be performance issues. And finally there could be serious implications if a malicious user gets admin access and decides to mess up users in one action which would not be ideal. Who knows, but it's never as simple as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by hakkuo23 View Post
    Could be a thing where the entire user action system is only based on a single user selection. Sure they could just loop it but then there may be performance issues. And finally there could be serious implications if a malicious user gets admin access and decides to mess up users in one action which would not be ideal. Who knows, but it's never as simple as you think.
    As a software developer, I can tell you it is that simple. You enable multiselect and for every feature, you think "Will that work and make sense with multiselect? Will it work with a mixed selection of users and channels?". Then you disable feature that do not make sense when multiple targets are selected. Then you make that loop. I know what I'm talking about, I added that feature to YaTQA that way. Right when I initially made the tree view, because that's a very basic feature.

I made a python plugin some time ago to achieve some sort of multiselect (it will open a new dialog with a copy of the servertree, but you can ctrl+click and shift+click in your clients original tree to open it).

Currently only moving is supported, but feel free to add some functions to it, it's opensource.

To get it, install pyTSon, then from it's own repository (Plugins->pyTSon->Settings->Get more) install multiselectmove.

Thread Information