Forum

Teamspeak 3 Client connecting to multi servers

um yeah this feature is ackward to use

okay let me explain

1. i have my ts3 server connected been on for a while...

2. okay something comes up i want to connect to another server that is listed in my bookmarks without disconnecting from my ts3 server.

3. i go to Bookmarks click on the other server bookmark oh wait it disconnected me from my ts3 server and connected me to the other one.

the only way currently to get mutiply tabs is do it threw the connections menu which only allows for 1 address at any one time so i have to input this info everytime i want to launch.....

Now there is one other way i have found to do this using the autoconnect on startup function this is in the advanced options under the bookmarks.

But, But, I doen't want to auto connect to the other ts3 server all the time....

why cant we have a open this in another tab if already connected button for the bookmarks.
    Last edited by scubastevelg; January 13th, 2010 at 10:23 AM.

Use the middle mouse-button to click on your bookmark, then it will be opened in a new tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Master_D View Post
    Use the middle mouse-button to click on your bookmark, then it will be opened in a new tab.
    there needs to be a tooltip when you hover over the bookmark for this cause i did not know you could do that, and i do not see it mentioned anywhere in client about this

but yes this does work and awesome thanks man that will save me alot of headaches

I think there will be a manual for the client in the future, where this will be mentioned. Because of the early beta-state, it isn't finished yet.

On Bookmarks you can right click them, if you like to connect in a new tab.
    Middle mouse button is known in every browser.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Is it really? Then why didn't I know that?

Really, stop assuming that people will know that. Thanks for letting me know, though. I'm sure that will make my life easier; I had no idea you could open sites in a new tab by middle-clicking them.

Quote Originally Posted by UF|Renegade|LTG View Post
    Is it really? Then why didn't I know that?

Really, stop assuming that people will know that. Thanks for letting me know, though. I'm sure that will make my life easier; I had no idea you could open sites in a new tab by middle-clicking them.
    Don't know y u don't know that but the Middle-Mousebutton shows since many Years (5+) in every Browser (except the IE because it don't used tabs till IE7) this behavior.
    @scubastevelg
    Because this is an default behavior wich most should know it would be sucking when there is a tooltip 4 that.

So what if it's the default behaviour? I'm sure there are a lot of default behaviours YOU don't know about. I've just proved it's possible for someone not to know this, despite it being around for "5+" years.

Don't know y u don't know that but the Middle-Mousebutton shows since many Years (5+) in every Browser (except the IE because it don't used tabs till IE7) this behavior.
    @scubastevelg
    Because this is an default behavior wich most should know it would be sucking when there is a tooltip 4 that.
    ROFL! Just to try to understand that logic, I went around our office of about 40 people and asked most everyone(about 30) the same question, "How do you use your mouse to open a new tab in your browser?".. NO ONE KNEW! Other than clicking on the New Tab icon.

Oh, and that 'middle button feature' doesn't work in IE7.. Which, many people use.. and explains why many people will not know. I dont use IE8 (Evil) so don't know if it's there.. Oh, and Macs generally don't have middle mouse buttons - so there goes that theory on Mac users (including myself) -

Ahhh.. yea.. When you asume... something about making an ass out of you and me and everyone else.. :/

@dante696 - Thanks for tip on right click, will try on my Mac when I get home.. I'm used to opening a new tab from IE or Safari then selecting my bookmark.. I think thats where more people will be coming from expierience wise; that use IE or Safari.
    Last edited by Solamar; January 14th, 2010 at 02:37 PM.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    On Bookmarks you can right click them, if you like to connect in a new tab.
    okay had to try:
    IE7,IE8 does not work
    firefox does work
    opera does work
    google chrome does work
    those are the ones i have

but yeah i did not know you could do this. I was a big IE fan till about year ago till i started building a joomla website then i realized how many problems IE has.

and i'm a A+ certified computer tech so no not everyone knows everything about there PC's Many little shortcuts and some of these shortcuts have multiple ways of doing the same thing, they get comfortable with doing it there own way and there not going to change it. This is the way were taught

Works fine for me in IE8.

Standard behavior is standard behavior, even when u don't know it!

I hate to bump this thread because it's so old, but I am having the same issue, except on a Mac.

Using the middle mouse does not open a new tab for me when connecting to multiple TS servers. Right clicking a bookmarked server also does nothing for me. Is there another way to open a 2nd server using my bookmarks in TS on a Mac?

Thread Information