Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved Suggestion - Discard hotkey

I concluded (playing with different games) that the more comfortably reachable button for PTT is CAPS lock (in my opinion of course).
    But i don't want to activate / deactivate the CAPS function every time i press it. I simply want it off. I can use SHIFT + Letter if i want to write something in caps.

So ventrilo offered me the choice of using a key-binding that "locks" for use with that program only. Using as PTT without ever activating the CAPS function in windows.
    Please consider adding it in a feature version. It's a must feature for me.

bump.
    Don't know if it's a hard feature to implement but it's something that can keep me from switching over ventrilo.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; October 27th, 2011 at 04:12 PM.

we are currently focusing on critical bugs, as soon we got most of them fixed we can look into this type of feature requests. so please give us some time.

This is the exact reason why i am using vent for years. i don't want to use it anymore.
    But the thing is, i am addicted to use CAPS LOCK with discarding it's other functions in game. it's so useful in games, because almost everygame needs your left hand on the left of your keyboard. And the only key which is unbound to any action is CAPS. But in the same time, you type people back in caps oftenly and that's bad.

Hope you'll get that option in your future patch.

I also would like to switch to Teamspeak, but I have come to love the discard hotkey function in Ventrilo so much. I myself do not use caps lock, I use the ~ key, but that is just my preference.

The dev gave an answer to this 2 years ago, maybe we can get an updated answer?

I think the lack of this feature is holding quite a few people back. I have tried Teamspeak many times over the years, and the program itself is now a program I would prefer over Ventrilo. (If this feature would be implemented) ;-)

So It's 2012 now...can we get moving on this? I use the graves key (~) myself and without Discard Hotkey I'm spamming it in anything I'm doing when I try to speak on TS. This is a little crazy that the community has been asking for this for 3-4 years with no response.

We try to add such a feature, but there is no release version planed yet.

Internal ticket ID: TS-921
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

So... did you just pleasantly tell us to sit on our thumbs? All you just said was the same thing he said 3 years ago. It's dumb.

Devs... every other VoIP apps have this functionality... just add this (even as a plugin)

Quote Originally Posted by justincase View Post
    Devs... every other VoIP apps have this functionality... just add this (even as a plugin)
    And what do you try to tell us here? It's already on our todo and i wrote that in post #6 and the thread title also tells that.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

I wanted to say: "move your asses and do it quicker", over 2 years isn't enough time?

... This was no planned feature, even after it was requested on forum.

I understand this, but try to imagine this situation: Set PPT key to mouse, if you are lucky you can bind keyboard key do mouse button if not... you must mouse 4, 5... etc.

In my mouse I can pick MOUSE 1 to 5 (~standard mouse buttons) but without "suppressing/discard" this button my mouse "clicks" on windows when I want to talk (yes I use VOiP's on Windows, not in games only). My friends must set up MOUSE 4 and when they talk... browser revokes pages ;/

(And yes I can use ScrolLock as PPT key - but it's "retarded")

Now you understand why we want this feature?

Quote Originally Posted by justincase View Post
    Now you understand why we want this feature?
    We and I already understand why you and all these users here want that feature.
    Can we stop to discuss this? We added that feature on our todo , before you repleyed here and your posts do not bring any new suggestions to that topic :-/

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    We and I already understand why you and all these users here want that feature.
    Can we stop to discuss this? We added that feature on our todo , before you repleyed here and your posts do not bring any new suggestions to that topic :-/
    It is the year 2017, as a software engineer of 25+ years I cannot imagine what kind of TODO list you guys have that it takes 5+ years to discard input. As a Windows programmer that knows how the Input API works I want the community to know it's trivial to make this change. The code is already in place or the hotkeys wouldn't be working at all, all your handlers need to do is return an integer value to end further processing of the keypress.

Maybe I'm missing it though.. after all, this thread is marked as resolved, so I'll check a fourth time before I bother writing an input hook to do what TeamSpeak doesn't seem to have the talent nor time to do on their own.

Thanks for creating such a great application.

This feature was added 5 years ago and is still included in our latest client.
    The feature is available in hotkey mode "Keyboard & Mouse Only".

Name:  Discard hotkey.png
Views: 379
Size:  45.8 KB

Thread Information