Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Move Permissions & Create Sub Channel permissions

Howdy, so I was wondering if there was a way to make it so a user only has the ability to move users to certain channels, like for instance I have a channel named "Private Scrim", and then that channel has 2 sub channels "Team 1" and "Team 2". Is it possible to make it so that a user can only move users within Private Scrim, team 1, and team 2? I'm thinking with the channel groups that is possible.

Also, if I have another channel "Channel 1" and I have a channel "Channel 2", is it possible to make it so a user can only move users within those 2 channels? (i.e. move users to various sub-channels in game 1, but also move users in Channel 1 to Channel 2, but not to Channel 3)

Also, lastly, I'm unsure of how to make it so Users can create sub-channels only in the channels I specify. For instances, I want to grant all my registered users (users I have placed into my normal group) the ability to create temporary sub-channels in a "Clubhouses" channel, and then also create temporary sub-channels inside of our "Misc. Games" section, but not in any of our other channels.

Moving just allowed for some channels:
    Try setting i_client_needed_move_power to 100 for all the channels where people should not be moved into (not quite sure if this will work - this assumes that this permission is employed even though the client has not yet been moved into the channel).

Limiting sub-channels to just some channels:
    Could not find a solution for this one. I tried this, but did not succeed:
    Limit the server group permissions so that sub-channels cannot be created from this group "b_channel_create_child false".
    Add channel permissions for just a few channels so that sub-channels can be created "b_channel_create_child true".
    => Channels cannot be created as long as you are not in the channels that allow channel creation. However, once you are in a channel with channel creation permission granted, then you can create sub channels server-wide and not only sub channels to the channel that you are in.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    Moving just allowed for some channels:
    Try setting i_client_needed_move_power to 100 for all the channels where people should not be moved into (not quite sure if this will work - this assumes that this permission is employed even though the client has not yet been moved into the channel).
    Well here's the great thing though, is that if a user doesn't have the join power required to join a channel, he can't move a user into it. That's perfectly fine with me. My problem however is getting it setup for the behavior I specified for above. I simply don't think it's possible currently with the current permissions system.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    Limiting sub-channels to just some channels:
    Could not find a solution for this one. I tried this, but did not succeed:
    Limit the server group permissions so that sub-channels cannot be created from this group "b_channel_create_child false".
    Add channel permissions for just a few channels so that sub-channels can be created "b_channel_create_child true".
    => Channels cannot be created as long as you are not in the channels that allow channel creation. However, once you are in a channel with channel creation permission granted, then you can create sub channels server-wide and not only sub channels to the channel that you are in.

To be quite honest, I think it's just a failure on the permissions system itself. It's great and everything, but there are tons of options I would like to see implemented.

I think it would be great if maybe in the future we could use the SDK or something to custom build permission behaviors into the TS3 server. That would certainly solve some of my issues.

Anyways, thanks for the help. Late reply, I know. But it was the holidays

- You can just add channel_client permissions to the user who should move people from a to b.

- create a new channelgroup with high needed_member_add_power so you can add the user to that group and edit there permissions for this channel

Thread Information