Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

ServerQuery nickname

Could you make it possible to change the ServerQuery user's nickname, before selecting a virtual server? I don't like that every ServerQuery user's IP address is visible to basically everyone just because it's the default name.

thats quite buggy actually.. it should work to rename one time but it doesnt. will be fixed in one of the next builds

*note: you can also hide the query connections with the i_client_serverquery_view_power, i_client_needed_serverquery_view_power
    *note2: thats also bugged and comes tommorow with client build7 :P

haha, good to hear! But don't work too much on Christmas

Okay, after updating to Server 8 and Client 7, I tested this again with the following results:

• Renaming the server query user does no longer work. clientupdate client_nickname=test returns an ok status but the name doesn't change. When I logout and login then, the new name appears but the "from IP address" part remains where it is and cannot be removed/changed.
    • Renaming the serveradmin doesn't work at all (not even the above explained things happen). Again no error message.
    • Renaming before selecting a server (or after use 0) still gives an error and doesn't work (I guess you didn't change anything there yet).
    • i_client_serverquery_view_power and i_client_needed_serverquery_view_power do work now. I had to put my view power to 100 to be able to see the serveradmin user

One thing, I'm not really sure if I understood you correctly but are you saying that the actual viewing rights (if one can see a query user) are implemented on the client side (because you said it will be fixed in the client build7)? If so I would suggest you to change that because that would be simply "hiding" it but making it possible to still see it (because the data is still sent completely). It would be better to put such permission restrictions on the actual server result - not sure if I got this right though, just wanted to have this clear

Thread Information