Forum

Exclamation [BUG] Parsing Hostbanner though PHP-Script, Banner won't be displayed

I'm using a Hostbanner, what is also used on my website as an Header-Image. Because of security-issues, all images are parsed through a PHP-script, so the path of the images is not visible and not usable.

If i use this image parsed though PHP as a hostbanner, ist won't be shown in Teamspeak-Client. In client-log there is the following line readable:
    No image, refusing to display
    i think the image-check should be done by the mime-type instead of the filetype.

we just wanted to release a client with the feature included but found a last minute bug.. since some of our team got a life the release will be postponed until tommorow.

sorry ;(

Quote Originally Posted by Master_D View Post
    I'm using a Hostbanner, what is also used on my website as an Header-Image. Because of security-issues, all images are parsed through a PHP-script, so the path of the images is not visible and not usable.

If i use this image parsed though PHP as a hostbanner, ist won't be shown in Teamspeak-Client. In client-log there is the following line readable:

i think the image-check should be done by the mime-type instead of the filetype.
    its php base so you would have to give permission for the image to be shared its called hot linking, if you have hotlinking on that banner it will refuse to show the image, and keeps people from stealing the image and also prevents others from stealing the banner banwidth if you want to show the banner its really simple you just need to make a copy to your pc and upload it to a free online pic site and just add the new url, or you could just tkae the hot linikng of the pic located in your server cpanel

OK, the used PHP-Script and the Teamspeak-Server are hosted by myself, and both ist properly configured, because you can use the used link to show the image in your browser. The only thing, what i've not checked, if there will a refferer sended, when the client want to show the image. Without any refferer or from the domain of the script, the image will be shown.

Edit
    There is no refferer used, the image will be shown without problems.
    Last edited by Master_D; December 24th, 2009 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Checked refferer

OK, i've checked it again.

The Image-Path is "http://phpbp.de/image.php?img=header_top.png", but the client only asks for "http://phpbp.de/image.php", so the cliend does not use the whole path, so the image can't be diplayed.

Why don't you just host the banner somewhere else instead?

Fixed for upcoming client beta 7 release. Please retest once available.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Ludwig View Post
    we just wanted to release a client with the feature included but found a last minute bug.. since some of our team got a life the release will be postponed until tommorow.

sorry ;(
    Hey ! Take your time and Merry Christmas to all the team !
    Thanks for your gift, TS3 under the Christmas tree

Tested with Client Beta7 Linux 32Bit.

Test OK, Banner shown.

Thread Information