Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: register

register

I really like the new design and stuff, but i dislike that there is no registration.

I use teamspeak a lot but not on the same computer, if my computer is rendering a video im on my laptop using teamspeak, and my aunt using teamspeak now if the permissions to kick/ban people are using the unique id of the client which is setup when ts is installed then im not going to have my sa when im using another computer.

Is there a way to get around this? if not can you all please put back in registration!

You can backup your idendity from PC1 and use it on PC2.

Just press CTRL+I

but then i have to transfer files and stuff, instead of doing a simple login, and what if im not at that computer at the time
    [TS3]
    back it up, then put it on a pen drive go to the other computer, plug in the pen drive, figure out how to put it on there then put it on.

[TS2]
    login

Quote Originally Posted by mikemrm View Post
    but then i have to transfer files and stuff, instead of doing a simple login, and what if im not at that computer at the time
    [TS3]
    back it up, then put it on a pen drive go to the other computer, plug in the pen drive, figure out how to put it on there then put it on.

[TS2]
    login
    You only have to do that once though. Once it has been done you can log in to any servers you have been on with the same identity from either your computer.

But a situation could always arise that might need an Admins presence and then what? Admins should carry a pen drive around with them at all times? I agree that some type of "extra" backup system should be in place.

use google docs and store it there or if you know your going to use another pc create a token and type the token in like save it in an email or carry a flash drive around

If you are really bold and daring, you could encrypt your identity file with a tool that you expect to be available on all computers that you might want to use for TS3 access. Then upload the file to the TS3 server and make it downloadable for everyone. Once you connect with a new identity, download the file, decrypt it and use it as new identity. However, if the encryption is not safe, you are in big trouble. Using a password protected WinZIP archive IS NOT adviced for this method.

Personally, I would not like to use this option and does not recommend to use it either. I use to have a usb stick with true crypt partition with me anyway, so for me my exported identity will be saved there along with other critical information.

Thread Information