Forum

My complaints about TS3 Beta

I tried TS3 yesterday, after using its predecessor for almost 7 years now.
    The only thing i have to say: I am very disappointed. It seems to me like a rip of of the epic fail called mumble, which i uninstalled, 2 minutes after instaling it.
    First of all, the whole anouncement "robot voice" is a pain in the ass. Why do u use such a annoying anouncement voice instead of the old sound samples of TS2 (i mean the female voice, which announces when a member leaves a channel etc.). This is REALLY annoying,
    The second thing i really hate is the whole soundquality at all. The voices sound really cheap. WHY? Why the hell did youi do this, changing the codecs was a big step backwards.

The second thing i really hate is the whole soundquality at all. The voices sound really cheap. WHY? Why the hell did youi do this, changing the codecs was a big step backwards.
    The guildmates i tested it with , said, that the quality is great and they love it, are you sure you set the channel to the right codedc?
    What do you mean with " sounds cheap"? , might have been a low bandwith speex.
    Also remember, this is BETA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiianer View Post
    First of all, the whole anouncement "robot voice" is a pain in the ass. Why do u use such a annoying anouncement voice instead of the old sound samples of TS2 (i mean the female voice, which announces when a member leaves a channel etc.). This is REALLY annoying
    Disable it then.

Make sure you're using the higher codecs.

Yes disable the sound or download the old sounds and install it for ts3.
    My clan is testing ts3 and all of my clan members are positive about ts3 and are speak about much better sound quality!

old sound pack ---> http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=47519

First of all, the whole anouncement "robot voice" is a pain in the ass. Why do u use such a annoying anouncement voice instead of the old sound samples of TS2 (i mean the female voice, which announces when a member leaves a channel etc.).

It uses whatever the default text-to-speech voice is used by your operating system. I'm on win7 and it's a female voice for me. If you're on XP change the default text-to-speech sound to Lisa instead of the default (robotish) sam.

@ Hawaiianer: There will be better default notification sound in the final (there is an official line about it somewhere here).

Its only because they maybe add more notification sound events in the beta, so they only need one time to record the notification sounds.

Do you use Windows7? I heared that some useres with Win7 have some Sound issues with the current fmod version. This will be fixed soon.

And for now, use the 32kHz Speex Codec with qualitylevel 10. And the current sounds are temporary and will be changed in final version.

Thread Information