Forum

TeamSpeak 3 Documentaion

There does not seem to be any unified documentation that details how and what to do and what things mean.

Most of the posts that I see here only reference private servers that people are running on their own machines, nothing for those of us that are renting from our Game Service Providers or TeamSpeak providers.

Without any instructions, we are just walking around in the dark blindly pushing and prodding.

We are part of this community too and to ignore us makes your beta incomplete.

As the TeamSpeak Team appears rather small it would appear that documentation is up to the developers to create. It is always a struggle for developers to create good end user documentation. Yet for us, as the end user/community, it is very much needed. One can argue the server's docs folder has some documentation in it, however because of the complexity of the permissions and other settings, it is far from what is needed. But TS3 only in Beta, things will change over time. Hopefully when its time for a final release, there will be some solid official documentation, at least we as the community have the software in our hands to learn on our own.

Yeah the GSP told me to D/L the server and get the docs out of there.

That is all fine and dandy but it does not tell you how to set up the server and what everything means.

The options are a bit confusing and some of the seem redundant.

Value? Skip? Negate? Grant?

Power & Needed Power?

Basically I don't yet understand how to set things up and I am frustrated by the lack of support for GSP provided servers.

As TS3 is still a beta a documentation for end users wouldn't make much sense because features will improve, alter or completley dissapear. Even the rights handling can completley chage... (can but i don't think this will happen) so one would have to write for every new build a new docu... this would slow down the improvement process. the rights system is very strong and not that easy like in TS2, but playing around with some friends will show you the features. in the server_quickstart.txt there is a small description of right-levels....

One thing to add: Each right has a value that must be even or bigger than talk power to be overridden. Skip, negate and grant .... they do what they are supposed to do....

Thread Information