Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Cannot connect to TS3 server

I've setup this server before and yeah i know how to do it correctly, im not an idiot or noob.... I've portforword 9987 on both my routers, the TS3 server is being hosted on another computer on my network and when i try to connect to the computer where the ts3 server is being hosted ip it won't connect, and when i try to get other people to connect to its REAL ip it wont work for them either, and im pretty sure it doesn't have to do with the routers so im not sure where to go from now ><

bind your TS3 Server to the ip that computer is assigned from the router.

example command line...
    "c:\path to\ts3server_.exe" voice_ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx query_ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx filetransfer_ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

or if you use a ini file put the ip's in proper place

Outside clients cannot connect to TS3

I can connect to my TS3 with the 127.0.0.1 and port info as an admin and as a basic client. I have tried launching ts3 with the voice_ip= with my 192.161.1.x address and when I connect as server admin I now have to use my 192 address as well as my local account if I connect via non-server account.

I have the port 9987(default) allowed through my router, like you would need to do in a TS2 Server, but to this point, no one can connect to my outside IP that my router is listed as.

I used to run a linux ts2 server for 3 years so I am pretty sure it isn't noob syndrom, but it could be since this is a new server system.

All requests for people that try to connect from the outside get the dreaded "failed to connect to server" error.

If I missed a thread that already exists, please point me in that direction. Minus the ones that tell you to launch it with your 192.168 internal ip.

**** Update **** Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Add these ports to your router to allow the following in and out.
    udp 9987
    tcp 10011
    tcp 30033

Now people can connect to my outside router IP.
    Last edited by spacemanbob; December 26th, 2009 at 06:22 PM.

I was getting the same. I host my server behind a Verizon FiOS router. I had to set up as the attached image. Any other way I also got the can't connect.

Quote Originally Posted by HHD_HELLBOUND View Post
    bind your TS3 Server to the ip that computer is assigned from the router.

example command line...
    "c:\path to\ts3server_.exe" voice_ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx query_ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx filetransfer_ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

or if you use a ini file put the ip's in proper place
    Already tryed that.

I can connect to my TS3 with the 127.0.0.1 and port info as an admin and as a basic client. I have tried launching ts3 with the voice_ip= with my 192.161.1.x address and when I connect as server admin I now have to use my 192 address as well as my local account if I connect via non-server account.

I have the port 9987(default) allowed through my router, like you would need to do in a TS2 Server, but to this point, no one can connect to my outside IP that my router is listed as.

I used to run a linux ts2 server for 3 years so I am pretty sure it isn't noob syndrom, but it could be since this is a new server system.

All requests for people that try to connect from the outside get the dreaded "failed to connect to server" error.

If I missed a thread that already exists, please point me in that direction. Minus the ones that tell you to launch it with your 192.168 internal ip.

**** Update **** Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Add these ports to your router to allow the following in and out.
    udp 9987
    tcp 10011
    tcp 30033

Now people can connect to my outside router IP.
    It's not outside clients, its my client and other clients....

I was getting the same. I host my server behind a Verizon FiOS router. I had to set up as the attached image. Any other way I also got the can't connect.
    I've already port forwarded 9987, The rest arn't needed if all your going to do is chat.

Thread Information