Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    There is no hide option, just don't expand server tree :-/

I also thought this idea was good. I myself have hidden forums. Having certain groups able to see certain channels would be cool.

I currently have 45 channels but guests only have access to 3.
    Would be nice to shut all those down so they don't try to enter or see them.

Sad to see this won't be implemented.

It's indeed sad to see this won't be implemented. After all, not showing channels that people don't have access to makes a lot of sense if you don't want to make certain parts of the channel-structure public. There simply are some use cases where you want people to see channels they can't access - and other uses cases where you don't want people to see those channels (which is why by now, pretty much every forum software supports either hiding forums you can't access completely; or showing those forums even if you can't actually access them).

The only way to work around this limitation is to have a virtual server for those people. So, you'd have a "public server" and an "internal server". Obviously, that's only a workaround - but in some cases that should do it.

Yeah, using a bunch of virtualservers isn't very organized. For clans that use members and Guests, Hiding channels is needed. I don't see the point in having hundreds of channels that can never be accessed be viewable by guests.

Its a simple new feature. Show_channel_value must be lower then someone's access to view the channel. That's all we are asking for. Please implement this.

I'm quite saddened that the ts3 podcasts said they would have every feature other voice chat server have but they don't.

The funny thing is that this is really not much being asked for. All you need to add is two new permissions:

i_channel_view_power
    i_channel_needed_view_power

(these could be added between b_channel_join_ignore_maxclients and and i_channel_join_power)

Then, when building the list of channels on the client, you just need to check for each channel if the current client has i_channel_view_power >= i_channel_needed_view_power, and if that's not the case: Don't display the channel in the channel tree view (actually, probably the server wouldn't even send such channels to the client - so there wouldn't even have to be a change in the client at all; just a minor and fully transparent change in the server code that returns the channel list).

There's two things to be aware of (to keep things simple): When a parent channel is invisible for a client, all child channels would also be invisible. If you don't do that, things get messy ("now where to display that child channel of which the parent channel is invisible?") - but it's easy to understand and in most cases will be much smoother to use anyways, if parent channels must be visible for any of their child channels to be visible.

And the second, of course: Pulling people into channels that they can't see also won't work. So when one user A tries to move another user B into a channel that user B can't see, user A will get an error message "insufficient permissions (failed due to i_channel_view_power)". Certainly, it would be "cool" to allow this - but I don't think it's something anyone really needs and would just complicate matters significantly. If you really need a user to get into that channel, you can make the channel visible to him and then move him over. To that user B, getting the view permission would look the same as if the channel had just been created.

Having channels that you can't access being invisible will also prevent the annoying situation that someone tries a bunch of channels just to find out "can't access this one, can't access that one". So, the whole user experience is much smoother and the product looks more professional.

As said before http://forum.teamspeak.com/reputation.php?p=215369

We won't implement Hide function. Please use Subscribe power for that.
    On our Todo is a channel permission this permissions sends all permissions from main channel to all subchannel. So if you set needed subscribe to main channel, then all sub own the same permission.

***Topic closed***

How to Hide Channels / Being in 2 channels

I have a teamspeak.

Its organized so we have Admins, Clan Members, Clan Intros, and Guests.

I only want our guests to see the top channel they are put into automatically.

As of now Guests have a Subscribe power of 0, and a max subscribe channel of 0.

They cant see who/How many are in the channels, but I dont want them to see the channel at all, especially the title and description.

How do you make it so guests cant see other channels in the teamspeak.

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/7...0324182815.png

Basically I dont want him to be able to see the channel HF Main Pile, HF Sniper Channel. I dont want him to see the titles and descriptions of anything below chat channel.

(Question 2)

Is there a way to be in and talking in 2 channels at once?
    Or can people be and listen in 2 channels at once.
    Last edited by Parckie; March 24th, 2010 at 10:54 PM.

Hi

There is no way to hide channels, and won't be implemented one:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=48251

As for the second question, you can talk to 2 or more channels at once using whisper lists, but you can't be listening to 2 channels normally. What you can do to listen to a 2nd channel is connecting in a new tab to that channel, using the same identity. Keep in mind that the server needs to allow clones ("i_client_max_clones").

Regards

[Suggestion] Invisible Channels

It would be very interesting to make Invisible Channels.
    With the appropriate permissions i_power and i_needed_power, to see them.

Just do a forum search, you'll find numerous topics to this.
    And it wont be included.

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany

OK

thanks

[Suggestion] Hide Channel, the return

So I read another thread about implimenting the ability to hide channels and you said there was no reason for this?

I strongly disagree and there are several of us TS3 administrators who have a good reason to want to hide certain channels from certain users. I am a little taken back at the attitude displayed on the other thread by the TS3 representative. Just because you do not think it is useful to you, it does not mean it is not useful to others.

If the CEO of McDonald's decided there was no point in selling hamburgers because he stopped eatiing beef how long do you think the company would last?

If you want your software to be a joke then continue with the atttitude you protrayed in the other post. If you want to compete with the big boys like Ventrilo then you might want to change your approach.
    Last edited by dante696; February 14th, 2019 at 08:34 PM. Reason: merged

Ventrilo a big Boy?
    Maybe only in the US, Flagship should change their licensing scheme and they could have success in other countries too.
    So, whats so difficult to accept Dev's decision?
    Btw, other VoiceSoftware like Shockvoice or Mumble (a great one too) doesnt have this feature either.

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    Show some respect...I think that needed subscribe power will do your job...go learn coding and script your own VoIP if you deem the attitude of the reps negative towards you...they've been working on open beta for almost a year, and have been working on the whole program for several years...respect their decision, I feel they know what they're doing....

Thread Information