Forum

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

im owner of a ts3 server but

i got a little kinda big problem

*crap* well it was a good old normal day and i had to update windows 8 i did the update
    jut than windows forced updated me at windows 8.1 so deal whit it i guess i had this before but i could say when the installation was in progress decline but this time it dint ask't me but force updated me *crap*

so i had a account where i was owner on ts3 windows upgraded me from 8 to 8.1
    i lost my account than i got me a new account and than i see i cant do much like i could normally (i had a admin friend that admin me again)

so i couldn't do much as before

if seen tutorials but they say go to linux and do this command

login serveradmin i have the pass but it dint work for some weird reason

if backed up the server made a new one log'd in there i got that pass i did again

login serveradmin still password is wrong

so i just want to be a owner again basically

tutorials if seen

Don't have your Server Admin Query password? Look here!

Create new Admin Token/ Get back admin rights

become
    serveradmin again

and the last 2 ones are google docs this and this

i hope u guys can help me out

You already got all your answers in these threads :/

1. Set a new password for the serveradmin account via command line paramter serveradmin_password=passwordhere on server start
    2. Login into the account via Telnet/Putty/Console
    3. Add yourself to your Server Admin group
    4. Done

Thread merged!
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

We have added an FAQ article which explains the necessary steps: https://support.teamspeakusa.com/ind...-query-account

Lost ServerQuery password

Could you please help me out ive lost my server query info.

Stop your server instance and then start your server with follwoing paramter to set a new password for the serveradmin login.
    serveradmin_password=YourNewPassword
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Is this topic updated? will it work with a windows server version 3.0.12.3?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Stop your server instance and then start your server with follwoing paramter to set a new password for the serveradmin login.
    serveradmin_password=YourNewPassword
    Do you mean stop the server, start it, and write in the console "serveradmin_password=YourNewPassword"?
    Last edited by dante696; September 8th, 2016 at 07:14 AM. Reason: merged 2 posts

Quote Originally Posted by velaxers View Post
    Do you mean stop the server, start it, and write in the console "serveradmin_password=YourNewPassword"?
    No, it says it's a command line parameter.
    If you don't know what that is then you probably shouldn't even be hosting a server (this is so basic that even Google only has results for some (trickier) special cases).

In any case on Windows either use cmd .exe to start the server with the parameter or add it to the target section of a shortcut to the binary.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Sticky How to get the Server Admin Query password

Hello,

The last "how to get server admin query" tutorial did not help because it's probably out-dated. My server version is 3.0.12.3 on Windows, if anyone could tell me how to get the server admin query credentials so i can login on YaTQA with it that would be cool.

Or at least a way to give my self server admin query group in teamspeak.
    Last edited by dante696; September 8th, 2016 at 07:15 AM. Reason: merged

This tutorial isn't outdated and we answered to you already.

You can't get the password back if you havn't wrote it down.
    You need to set a new on on server start by using the parameter serveradmin_password=YourNewPassword
    Name:  shortcut parameter.png
Views: 1105
Size:  24.5 KB

Adding users into Query groups is not supported from us
    Last edited by dante696; September 8th, 2016 at 07:28 AM.

ts3 Linux Forgot superuser password and name

hi all. Sorry for the my bad English...

I've ts3 server but I forgot the name and password of super user. How i can add new super user in linux command line?
    Last edited by dante696; September 26th, 2016 at 03:14 PM. Reason: merged

You can't add a new serveradmin, you need to change the password for the existing one.

The loginname for default QueryAdmin is always serveradmin and the password can be changed on server instance start with parameter serveradmin_password=newpassword.

Need Help resetting ServerAdmin

I had a windows update come down two days ago that killed my windows install. Unfortunately I also wasn't able to retrieve any of the data from the drive to save and restore my identity.

My TS3 server is posted internally on my LAN on a free BSD VM server.

When I:

Code:
    #	Navigates to /var/log/TeamSpeak
    cd /var/log/teamspeak

#	Searches the directory and sub directories for 'token=' and displays the line in the log
    grep -r 'token=' *
    I am greeted with the token fro when I had originally set up the server. Although this token is not accepted when i try to putty into my server via port 10011 and run:

Code:
    login serveradmin PASSWORD
    With my actual token from above

it responds with:

Code:
    error id=520 msg=invalid\sloginname\sor\spassword
    I can't reset my password until after I can get logged into the server with permissions.

I've also tried looking at the server with YaTQA, again permissions restrict me from being able to reset my identity, or to create a new privilege key.

What options do I have? Further querying of the logs revels that my TS Server ID is id:2.

Steven
    Last edited by dante696; April 18th, 2017 at 10:52 AM. Reason: merged

This is the TeamSpeak forum. Please use it for questions regarding TeamSpeak only.

Lost Server Admin and Server Query Password!

So I by accident deleted my identity on TeamSpeak that carried my server admin tag on my server. Now I don't have server admin and I do not remember my server query password. I host my TeamSpeak off a Ubuntu VPS (putty). I was wondering if anyone could help me get my password back?
    Last edited by dante696; December 11th, 2017 at 07:17 AM. Reason: merged

Unable to find/change serveradmin password.

Admins - Before you merge my thread in to https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/...ur-permissions try reading it first.

Those instructions DO NOT WORK. The instructions located at https://support.teamspeakusa.com/ind...-query-account DO NOT WORK. There is no ts3server.ini in my \teamspeak3-server_freebsd-amd64\ server install directory.

I've tried /usr/local/etc/rc.d/teamspeak3-server.sh stop > /usr/local/etc/rc.d/teamspeak3-server.sh start inifile-ts3server.ini (which contains serveradmin_password=mynewpassword)

I've tried /usr/local/etc/rc.d/teamspeak3-server.sh stop > /usr/local/etc/rc.d/teamspeak3-server.sh start serveradmin_password=mynewpassword

I continue receiving error id=520 when trying to perform "login serveradmin mynewpassword" via telnet.

What are the CORRECT INSTRUCTIONS for resetting the serveradmin password on a freeBSD TS3 server install? The freeBSD machine is 10feet from me and I have ssh, telnet, and ftp access to it. Surely with that level of control there is a way to fix this? If there is no way to fix it, is there any way to back up my permissions/settings, reinstall the freebsd ts3 server and get myself serveradmin again, then restore the settings/permissions? It's ridiculous how complicated this is for a software that has been out for so many years. This is why Discord is so popular.
    Last edited by dante696; June 9th, 2018 at 06:57 PM. Reason: merged

Thread Information