Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    i have already done that. i tried it, but it said "the path you have specified does not exist." besides, he said in the video that it doesn't work if you already have the server set up, which my server is already set up.

Hello

@ERVMEDVAC
    - Stop the server
    - Right click on exe > Create a shortcut (or send to desktop)
    - Right click on this new shorcut > Properties > add the start parameter

@Fickus
    The serveradmin password was provided at the first start.
    Now you have to look at the top of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by florian_fr40 View Post
    Hello

@ERVMEDVAC
    - Stop the server
    - Right click on exe > Create a shortcut (or send to desktop)
    - Right click on this new shorcut > Properties > add the start parameter
    i told you i already did all of that. i followed the video step by step. by the way, im using vista. not xp or 7.

edit: i tried it again and still got same error:

Problem with Shortcut
    The name 'C:\Program Files\teamspeak3-server_win32\ts3_server.exe serveradmin_password=password' specified in the Target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct. no matter what i replace password with i still get same error.
    Last edited by ERVMEDVAC; October 23rd, 2011 at 11:59 PM.

So, could you post here a screen shot about the exe properties please (right click on the real server exe > properties).

Sorry for any confusion. I had said that I DID not have my server setup. Which in the video is shown by the Teamspeak program showing me the password. Once you have a server already setup, it will NOT show you the password. It does, however, still work.

As for an invalid path, make sure you didn't copy paste my file paths but just the "serveradmin_password=passwordhere". As for what florian_fr40 said. On top of that, also have the directory where you have Teamspeak located in that screenshot. (Although, the shortcut is probably in the same folder)

Quote Originally Posted by ERVMEDVAC View Post
    i told you i already did all of that. i followed the video step by step. by the way, im using vista. not xp or 7.

edit: i tried it again and still got same error:

Problem with Shortcut
    The name 'C:\Program Files\teamspeak3-server_win32\ts3_server.exe serveradmin_password=password' specified in the Target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct. no matter what i replace password with i still get same error.

Quote Originally Posted by florian_fr40 View Post
    So, could you post here a screen shot about the exe properties please (right click on the real server exe > properties).
    how do i take a screenshot?

Quote Originally Posted by Soljia View Post
    Sorry for any confusion. I had said that I DID not have my server setup. Which in the video is shown by the Teamspeak program showing me the password. Once you have a server already setup, it will NOT show you the password. It does, however, still work.

As for an invalid path, make sure you didn't copy paste my file paths but just the "serveradmin_password=passwordhere". As for what florian_fr40 said. On top of that, also have the directory where you have Teamspeak located in that screenshot. (Although, the shortcut is probably in the same folder)
    how does it work if it doesn't show the password? that is what im trying to get is the password. I need the server query password so i can make myself server admin. the only part i copied and pasted was the "serveradmin_password=passwordhere" without the quotes. and it wouldn't create the shortcut in the same folder so it put it on the desktop, and then i moved the shortcut back to the server folder. and i put it back in the same folder i took the shortcut from.

It's not suppose to show the password. It is only meant to set it. Which is why you change the "passwordhere" part to what you want the password to be.

again, i tried it several times. it keeps telling me that its an invalid path. and this time i typed it in manually.

Quote Originally Posted by ERVMEDVAC View Post
    again, i tried it several times. it keeps telling me that its an invalid path. and this time i typed it in manually.
    So, simpliest ( ) if you have teamviewer, send me in private message the ID and password. We try to find out the problem together.

no, i dont have teamviewer

If you want help, you are going to have to provide some means of information. Take a screenshot of what we asked, or download the quick support of Teamviewer and send a PM to florian with the info (it is a stand alone app that doesn't need to install). Otherwise, we cannot help you. So, those are your choices.

http://take-a-screenshot.org/
    See the video.
    Upload that saved file to the forums via the attachment function when posting.

or

www.teamviewer.com
    Last edited by Soljia; October 27th, 2011 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soljia View Post
    If you want help, you are going to have to provide some means of information. Take a screenshot of what we asked, or download the quick support of Teamviewer and send a PM to florian with the info (it is a stand alone app that doesn't need to install). Otherwise, we cannot help you. So, those are your choices.

http://take-a-screenshot.org/
    See the video.
    Upload that saved file to the forums via the attachment function when posting.

or

www.teamviewer.com
    umm, teamviewer does need to be installed. i clicked start full version free and it started a download and saved a program TeamViewer_Setup_en.exe.

I'll give you a hint.

http://www.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS_en.exe

Don't think I'm trying to be rude, I'm just tired at the end of the day.

@ERVMEDVAC, learn to use computer, PRETTY PLEASE.

Find ten differences between two command lines:

C:\Program Files\teamspeak3-server_win32\ts3_server.exe serveradmin_password=password
    "C:\Program Files\teamspeak3-server_win32\ts3_server.exe" serveradmin_password=password

Quote Originally Posted by ANR Daemon View Post
    @ERVMEDVAC, learn to use computer, PRETTY PLEASE.

Find ten differences between two command lines:

C:\Program Files\teamspeak3-server_win32\ts3_server.exe serveradmin_password=password
    "C:\Program Files\teamspeak3-server_win32\ts3_server.exe" serveradmin_password=password
    ok, first of all, i know how to use my computer, it is just that i've tried what everyone said and its not working, ok, im not an idiot like you are implying.

second, this is what it says in the shortcut target link box thing when i do it the way it says:

"C:\Program Files\teamspeak3-server_win32\ts3server_win32.exe serveradmin_password=password"

edit: ok, i tried changing the path to "C:\Program Files\teamspeak3-server_win32\ts3_server.exe" serveradmin_password=password and it worked, but i still cannot access the server query because i have insufficient permissions, so how can i get server admin back by bypassing the server query? If i remember correctly, i think there was a login link to this site, but i dont remember the link. it was where you could login and manage your server over the internet using the site.

i searched through some other post talking about using an external program to connect to the port, but i don't have a port number. i use a program to host my server and therefore i have no port number. (i tried something unrelated to this and found out that it didnt work because i don't have a port number.)
    Last edited by ERVMEDVAC; October 31st, 2011 at 09:12 PM.

Thread Information