Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Anyone has a fix for a mysql database to recover server admin password so i could give myself a serveradmin status back or it's working the same way as sqlite? Just wanna ask before i try it

I'm usinb debian

@DGNTeam

That doesn't depend of the kind of database.
    So this is the same way.

already managed to do it Wanted to make assure as i didn't wanted to do a server restart in case i would crash something onto the database.

Thanks

so, how do i get my server admin back without using an external program to access the mysql or sqlite database? I don't have a port number.

If you've done the shortcut trick (which I see you have), you don't or can't use an external program, and no other account has server admin... than you don't get server admin back without starting a new server.

well, i haven't tried using the external program, but it says in one of the steps to put in the port number and i don't have 1(port # is not used to connect to the server, only the ip number is used. I use Hamatchi to host my server.). so i don't think it will work.

Where is this server hosted? Is it on a computer you own? Is it on a VPS?

If it's hosted by someone else you will need to get your query port # off of them.
    If it's hosted by you, you can check your configuration file for your Query Port #.

the server is on my computer, the service i use to host the server is LogMeIn Hamatchi. To connect to the server, you use the user ip provided by logmein.

Well, more than likely you are using the default ports. By default the query port is 10011 i believe. However, if you don't have another account that has server admin (serveradmin, etc) you will not be able to assign a server admin.

NEVERMIND! I just figured out how to get my server admin back. Now that i figured out how to do it and it was very easy. I feel sooo stupid. Sorry for wasting you guys' time with this.
    Last edited by ERVMEDVAC; December 2nd, 2011 at 12:11 AM. Reason: answer found.

I'm currently working on a Java Web Start app that will give a GUI interface to resetting passwords. Right now it works with MySql and Sqlite directly. I will release that once I can get it to launch correctly. Once that is working I will make a version that will reset the password at the file level (aka via a shortcut but it'll launch it for you).

What it is right now.
    http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5610/ts3app.png

last year I download a sever TS3 instead of client TS3 on ‎Thursday, ‎17 ‎November ‎2011, ‏‎8:36:54 AM and did not save the password thinking nothing of it because it wasnt the right one . I have recently rented a TS3 sever and went through the normal set up procedure .It is not recognizing me as sever admin and I cannot login to severquery, its greyed out.Do I have to get a new TS3 sever and password or can I get the old password and fix it within TS3 myself if retrieved or resent by teamspeak themselves?

Thread has been merged
    Please read post #1

--- Merged ---

cant teamspeak resend or do something for me?
    Last edited by florian_fr40; January 23rd, 2012 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aussienutcase View Post
    cant teamspeak resend or do something for me?
    This thread explains, what needs to be done

We don't jump onto your root server, and fix problems. We would need admin rights, to overwrite and acces files. This is a security issue.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

How to change serveradmin password?

Does anyone know how to change the serveradmin password? I have 4 servers and I want all them with the same password.
    Thanks.

Do you mean 4 virtual servers in 1 instance, or 4 separate instances?
    Theres only 1 ASQ per instance.
    Anyway -> http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...ord-Look-here!

Thread Information