Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    1. It sounds like a hack - if you want to get tips for hacking SA groups, there are no such tips.

2. There is one way, from teamspeak given.
    You login as Query about console or a Server Query admin Tool like YaTQA and give yout user the rights or server groups you like.
    2.1 If you have lost the passwort for user "serveradmin" read this.

This is the way you make it when you are Server Owner.

Ways for you if you are not server owner:
    Ask the owener, or make you own server . . .

guy's i killall my ts3 and it's now not work i can't join my server it's offline

Quote Originally Posted by Mosaed View Post
    guy's i killall my ts3 and it's now not work i can't join my server it's offline
    well if you kill it, it's to be expected to be offline...
    You have to start it up again for it to be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    well if you kill it, it's to be expected to be offline...
    You have to start it up again for it to be available.
    ^ What he said. If you can't figure out how to get it back online, I am available. I'm currently unemployed.

Serveradmin Password

Hello I have forgotten my serveradmin password of my teamspeak server is there any way to get it back I have my database too. Please tell me a way.

Change Password for query with PUTTY

Hello,I want change my query password in putty on CENTOS.And i don't know command and files !
    Last edited by dante696; May 22nd, 2013 at 12:00 AM. Reason: This thread was merged. please read post #1

Quote Originally Posted by f0rlit View Post
    Hello,I want change my query password in putty on CENTOS.And i don't know command and files !
    you can do that after logging in with
    Code:
    clientsetserverquerylogin client_login_name=serveradmin
    which will give you a new random generated password.
    For obvious security reasons you cannot change the password without being logged in, so if you forgot your password you'll have to reset it using the command line parameter.

Hello, i lost my password and id of my server admin.

first question: maximum privilege as an admin have an S and a A at the end of his name right ? right now i have and S so i'm server admin, super admin is A ?

second question, is it the server admin querry password that is used to get the maximum admin right in my server ?

from page 1 i've try step 1.A (does not works for me, it does absolutely nothing) or if it works i'm still server admin with a S at the end of my name

and i have tryed automatic password change and i'm not really sure how it works, but it seems to make error each time i use it.

I have try to create a shortcut of ts3server_win64 and after .exe write serveradmin_password="something" but i still only have the S at the end of my name.

So if i forgot something and someone see what is my problem plz help me.

Right now a friend that i gave him S (server admin) gave the same right to me so i can change about everything but i'm not super admin and would love to recover it.

Server Admin (gray shield, white S by default) is the highest permission there are on the default installation, you cannot get any higher in the client.
    The query groups are reserved for pure query clients, being in these groups is highly dangerous, should NEVER EVER BE DONE and voids any chances you may have of receiving support. On top of that it is not at all required, since there is nothing in there that you can use with the client that is not already part of the server admin group.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

After having to re install my os,( win xp) i backed up the ts server folder and some files from the client folder, i tried that method with the shortcut, it for some reason isnt working , windows gives some error when i press apply or ok , any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy45 View Post
    After having to re install my os,( win xp) i backed up the ts server folder and some files from the client folder, i tried that method with the shortcut, it for some reason isnt working , windows gives some error when i press apply or ok , any ideas?
    it is unclear what you were doing.
    If you were trying to restore serveradmin password: in these cases usualy problem is close to:
    10. Notice there is a space between .exe and serveradmin
    Other option you could, assuming that after change your line in properties looks like this:
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\teamspeak3-server_win32\ts3server_win32.exe serveradmin_password=password
    try is
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\teamspeak3-server_win32\ts3server_win32.exe" serveradmin_password=password
    If you changed where your teamspeak3 server is on your system and your desktop shortcut doesn't work anymore, that is simple, it is pointing to old location where you had teamspeak3 on your disk. You have to make new one or modify the current one to use correct folder where your teamspeak3 server is.

I currently have some code injection going on within my site. It does not affect the downloads, and is only a redirection injection. I am trying to clean up/update my server now.

EDIT: I have my web server cleaned up now. Lets hope it sticks.
    Last edited by Soljia; July 24th, 2013 at 02:21 AM.

Regain server admin access

Hi folks

I have a teamspeak 3 server running on CentOS. The server crashed recently, and i restored it from a snapshot. The problem is that have reinstalled my computer after that snapshot was created, so i have a new unique ID now.

I found the serveradmin password in the logfile, but it does not work. There are no other admins who can grant me access. I was unable to find this specific case like this on the internet. It uses MySQL.

Is there a way that i can regain my serveradmin access via the server? I dont want to reinstall the server if possoble because i have created over 80 channels and subchannels with describtions and so on.

Best regards and thanks in advance

//Warpten

Quote Originally Posted by Soljia
    2A & 2B Manual Password Change - Windows/Linux
    Things you should consider:
    • [Intermediate]
    • [Potentially Unsafe]
    • [No Restart Required]

Without using any additional programs, here's a manual version of ServerAdmin live password reset and token generation for any virtualserver running on Linux/BSD. Because I tested this on a second running (and third created) virtualserver, towards the end it got a lot more detailed than I intended... Please comment if there's an easier way to explain or accomplish this. Data/variables are underlined while commands that you type are in bold:

1. Confirm that your backup is up to date as you are working with live server data
    2. SSH into your server
    3. Find your TS3 server database
      Code:
      [email protected]:/ # find / -name ts3server.sqlitedb
      /var/db/teamspeak/ts3server.sqlitedb
      ^C (press CTRL+C to stop searching)
      [email protected]:/ #
    4. Open your TS3 database with SQLite client
      Code:
      [email protected]:/ # sqlite3 /var/db/teamspeak/ts3server.sqlitedb
      SQLite version 3.7.16.1 2013-03-29 13:44:34
      Enter ".help" for instructions
      Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
      sqlite>
    5. Set the password for serveradmin to 123456 (don't forget the semicolon at the end of the command) and exit SQLite client
      Code:
      sqlite> UPDATE clients SET client_login_password = "fEqNCco3Yq9h5ZUglD3CZJT4lBs=" WHERE client_unique_id = "serveradmin";
      sqlite> .quit
    6. Connect to the local ServerQuery interface (your IP address and port may be different, try using the "real" IP of your server)
      Code:
      [email protected]:/ # telnet 127.0.0.1 10011
      Trying 127.0.0.1...
      Connected to 127.0.0.1.
      Escape character is '^]'.
      TS3
      Welcome to the TeamSpeak 3 ServerQuery interface, type "help" for a list of commands and "help <command>" for information on a specific command.
    7. Login to the ServerQuery interface
      Code:
      login client_login_name=serveradmin client_login_password=123456
      error id=0 msg=ok
    8. Generate a random new password for serveradmin and put it somewhere safe (leaving the password as 123456 is a very bad idea)
      Code:
      clientsetserverquerylogin client_login_name=serveradmin
      client_login_password=AaBbCc12
      error id=0 msg=ok
    9. Find the virtualserver_id of the server that you want to generate a serveradmin token for. The lines are split with a pipe "|" character. This will probably be 1 if you just installed, created one server and never added/removed any others.
      Code:
      serverlist
      virtualserver_id=1 virtualserver_port=9999 virtualserver_status=online virtualserver_clientsonline=14 
      virtualserver_queryclientsonline=0 virtualserver_maxclients=128 virtualserver_uptime=55278 
      virtualserver_name=MYFIRSTSERVER virtualserver_autostart=1 virtualserver_machine_id|virtualserver_id=3 
      virtualserver_port=9988 virtualserver_status=online virtualserver_clientsonline=1 
      virtualserver_queryclientsonline=0 virtualserver_maxclients=128 virtualserver_uptime=54353 virtualserver_name=My\sSecond\sServer virtualserver_autostart=1 virtualserver_machine_id
      error id=0 msg=ok
    10. Select the appropriate virtualserver_id that you need a serveradmin token for, in my case "My Second Server" from the line above with virtualserver_id=3
      Code:
      use 3
      error id=0 msg=ok
    11. Find the appropriate sgid for your token request. This will probably be 6 if you just have one freshly-installed virtualserver_id=1, however for my virtualserver_id=3 we have to look a bit closer for the sgid of Server\sAdmin that is type=1 (enabled?) to find that my sgid=20
      Code:
      servergrouplist
      sgid=1 name=Guest\sServer\sQuery type=2 iconid=0 savedb=0 sortid=0 namemode=0 n_modifyp=100 
      n_member_addp=0 n_member_removep=0|sgid=2 name=Admin\sServer\sQuery type=2 iconid=500 
      savedb=1 sortid=0 namemode=0 n_modifyp=100 n_member_addp=100 n_member_removep=100|sgid=3 
      name=Server\sAdmin type=0 iconid=300 savedb=1 sortid=0 namemode=0 n_modifyp=75 n_member_addp=75 
      n_member_removep=75|sgid=4 name=Normal type=0 iconid=0 savedb=1 sortid=0 namemode=0 n_modifyp=75 
      n_member_addp=60 n_member_removep=60|sgid=5 name=Guest type=0 iconid=0 savedb=0 sortid=0 namemode=0 
      n_modifyp=75 n_member_addp=0 n_member_removep=0|sgid=20 name=Server\sAdmin type=1 iconid=300 
      savedb=1 sortid=0 namemode=0 n_modifyp=75 n_member_addp=75 n_member_removep=75|sgid=21 name=Normal 
      type=1 iconid=0 savedb=1 sortid=0 namemode=0 n_modifyp=75 n_member_addp=60 n_member_removep=60|sgid=22 
      name=Guest type=1 iconid=0 savedb=0 sortid=0 namemode=0 n_modifyp=75 n_member_addp=0 n_member_removep=0
      error id=0 msg=ok
    12. Finally, generate the serveradmin token using the appropriate sgid from above, in my case 20.
      Code:
      tokenadd tokentype=0 tokenid1=20 tokenid2=0
      token=8wCV9fwR+ATXcx1l+euNCsRKb8xjPp0laLYZSRtR
      error id=0 msg=ok
    13. Note: If you try to use the wrong sgid/tokenid1 for the server you currently have use'd, it will complain
      Code:
      error id=2560 msg=invalid\sgroup\sID
    14. Assuming everything went well, copy your serveradmin token and disconnect the ServerQuery session
      Code:
      quit
      error id=0 msg=ok
      Connection closed by foreign host.
    15. Go back to your TS3 client, connect to the server we just generated a token for ("My Second Server" in this case) and go to Permissions... Use privilege key... and paste in your privilege key!
      Code:
      <04:30:37> "Grogdor" was added to server group "Server Admin" by "My Second Server".
    Last edited by Grogdor; October 30th, 2013 at 01:25 PM.

Thread Information