Forum

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Linux instructions at https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/48255 appear to have worked after some tweaking. Close thread.
    Last edited by johnnydotexe; June 9th, 2018 at 08:03 PM.

First of the thread is about losing the Server Admin group. Not about the Query password.
    I merged this thread into the right one.

It's desired that there is no ts3server.ini file. This file is only needed to modify default parameters.

Don't know what file teamspeak3-server.sh is.
    The right command on server start would be
    Code:
    ./ts3server_startscript.sh inifile=ts3server.ini
    or
    Code:
    ./ts3server_startscript.sh serveradmin_password=new_password
    Last edited by dante696; June 9th, 2018 at 08:10 PM. Reason: merged
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

IT's a custom script that refers to the actual ts3 server script. Using the correct commands like you've shown I was able to set a new serveradmin password, then telnet in to server to generate a new secure serveradmin password, then using that generate a new privilege token for myself. I now have full control of my server again. Thanks.

Query details lost! admin user name and password

Hello, I forgot my query port that I changed long time ago, but now looking in ts3server.ini reveals it is back to default 10011, but when I try logging in via yatqa it doesn't allow me to see anything.

How can I find my admin user name and password?
    Last edited by dante696; November 5th, 2018 at 06:15 PM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by R. Ludwig View Post
    you could also start the server with command line serveradmin_password=yournewpassword
    Accept it is not working. I've tried it several times and have been unable to change the password with the above suggestion.

It works. I just recovered a server this way.
    Fix your hands, perhaps?

Serveradmin-password change | error

Hello,

I wanted to change the serverqueryadmin password with this instruction ( https://support.teamspeakusa.com/ind...-query-account ) but there was an error:
    -bash: !3: event not found
    Please help me, thanks.

Hallo,

ich wollte mein Serverqueryadmin-Passwort mit dieser Anleitung ändern ( https://support.teamspeakusa.com/ind...-query-account ), doch es trat der folgende Fehler auf:
    -bash: !3: event not found
    Ich bitte um Hilfe.
    Danke im Voraus.

~ Joooonathan
    Last edited by dante696; January 28th, 2019 at 11:23 AM. Reason: merged

And what is your command?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Reset serveradmin password in docker container

Today I had a conundrum. How do I reset forgotten serveradmin password inside a container? It's actually quite simple, as I will demonstrate.

This tutorial expects you to know docker composer (from logical side), linux and have a fully working, corretly set up ts3 docker container visible to the world (or LAN if you aren't exposing your docker container). If you don't know **** then it won't help you at all...

Let's begin.

Step 1. Get entrypoint.sh from the running container

navigate to where you have ts3's docker-compose.yaml, and run docker ps which will show you all runing containers, like:
    Code:
    [email protected]:~/teamspeak3$ docker ps
    CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                                    COMMAND                  CREATED             STATUS              PORTS                                                                                   NAMES
    653e5eeb0c75        teamspeak                                "entrypoint.sh ts3se…"   4 minutes ago       Up 4 minutes        0.0.0.0:10022->10022/tcp, 0.0.0.0:9987->9987/udp, 10011/tcp, 0.0.0.0:30033->30033/tcp   teamspeak3
    10615b356a5b        postgres                                 "docker-entrypoint.s…"   4 days ago          Up 4 days           5432/tcp                                                                                ttrss-pgsql
    dad801bb4b2a        nextcloud                                "/entrypoint.sh apac…"   4 days ago          Up 4 days           80/tcp                                                                                  nextcloud-app
    3286ef2e8892        redis                                    "docker-entrypoint.s…"   4 days ago          Up 4 days           6379/tcp                                                                                nextcloud-redis
    f8be68ee08d6        alpine:latest                            "/bin/sh"                10 days ago         Up 10 days                                                                                                  modest_rosalind
    db9962c6a849        linuxserver/tt-rss                       "/init"                  11 days ago         Up 11 days          80/tcp, 443/tcp                                                                         ttrss-app
    f54547d5f875        mariadb:10                               "docker-entrypoint.s…"   12 days ago         Up 12 days          3306/tcp                                                                                nextcloud-sql
    b37dcf2ea73e        jrcs/letsencrypt-nginx-proxy-companion   "/bin/bash /app/entr…"   2 weeks ago         Up 2 weeks                                                                                                  letsencrypt
    9ef27cf95fa9        jwilder/nginx-proxy                      "/app/docker-entrypo…"   2 weeks ago         Up 2 weeks          192.168.100.75:80->80/tcp, 192.168.100.75:443->443/tcp                                  nginx-proxy
    7bca04b9305e        onlyoffice/documentserver                "/bin/sh -c /app/onl…"   4 weeks ago         Up 2 weeks          80/tcp, 443/tcp                                                                         nextcloud-office
    copy the red text (container id) and use this command
    Code:
    [email protected]:~/teamspeak3$ docker cp 653e5eeb0c75:/opt/ts3server/entrypoint.sh entrypoint.sh
    it will copy startup file to current directory.

Step 2. Edit entrypoint.sh adding serveradmin password

Use text editor of your choice (mine is nano). Look for something like this:
    Code:
    if [ "$1" = 'ts3server' ]; then
        set -- "[email protected]" inifile=/var/run/ts3server/ts3server.ini
    fi
    and simply add
    Code:
    if [ "$1" = 'ts3server' ]; then
        set -- "[email protected]" inifile=/var/run/ts3server/ts3server.ini serveradmin_password=pass123
    fi
    or any password. In my example pass123 will overwrite the firt-run serveradmin password ts3 always sets up. Save the file and exit text editor.

Step 3. Use modiffied entrypoint.sh

There is one simple way to tacle this problem. Edit docker-compose.yaml. My default composer file looks like this:
    Code:
    version: '3'

services:

teamspeak3-diablo:
        image: teamspeak
        restart: always
        volumes:
          - "./data/:/var/ts3server"
        ports:
          - 9987:9987/udp
          - 10022:10022/tcp
          - 30033:30033
        environment:
          TS3SERVER_LICENSE: accept
          TS3SERVER_QUERY_PROTOCOLS: ssh
    and all you need to do is open entrypoint.sh in text editor, add one line to your config
    Code:
    version: '3'

services:

teamspeak3-diablo:
        image: teamspeak
        restart: always
        volumes:
          - "./data/:/var/ts3server"
          - ./entrypoint.sh:/opt/ts3server/entrypoint.sh:ro
        ports:
          - 9987:9987/udp
          - 10022:10022/tcp
          - 30033:30033
        environment:
          TS3SERVER_LICENSE: accept
          TS3SERVER_QUERY_PROTOCOLS: ssh
    save the file and exit text editor.
    Step 4. Applying changes

After editing docker-compose.yaml all you have to do is type
    Code:
    docker-compose up -d
    composer will refresh it's configuration, rebuild container and voila.
    Code:
    [email protected]:~/teamspeak$ docker-compose up -d
    Recreating teamspeak3_1 ... 
    Recreating teamspeak3_1 ... done
    Now all you have to do is enter the new password to YATQA or any other query tool and off you go.

Thread Information