Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: Big oversight

Big oversight

Unfortunately, if you close the window for the program, the window will at random disappear. You can still log in, but you will not see anything. Is there a way to add a window menu? I had to reinstall my program to see the window again. This would be not only a big feature, but a real need.

f0ru0l0rd

Sorry I'm having trouble following you. You say that you closed the window for the program so I'm guessing the main window then you say it disappears at random after that?

Is this after you've exited out of the application?

Mike

This is normal Mac behaviour. The application doesn't quit if all the windows are closed. It is still running.

People misunderstand the red X button in the window. Many think it means close, when it actually means hide.

You can get the main window back again by clicking the dock icon - just like many many other Mac applications.

Right click on the TS3 dock Icon and choose "Teamspeak 3"
    You are not using a Mac for long time right? If you close the Safari Tab, Safari is runnig but the Window is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Right click on the TS3 dock Icon and choose "Teamspeak 3"
    You are not using a Mac for long time right? If you close the Safari Tab, Safari is runnig but the Window is closed.
    Safari also has a Window menu and a "New window" option in the File menu. I believe you miss the point in the OP that once the main "TeamSpeak 3" window is closed the application itself contains no way to re-open it.

This is one of many differences between Macintosh and Windows and x-window environments. In other OSs you cannot have a menu without a window. This is not true on the Mac. The menu is always there and is used to control the application, which of course includes windows belonging to it. At least the menu should.

I appreciate your porting the client and server very, very much, but it's plain that it is a port.

Thread Information