Forum

Exclamation channel description, more stuff.

dont know if it was reported or not

[ChannelGroups]permissions of the channel groups at least in ver beta6 were like Operator can not edit description of an channel if Operators have a permission for it globaly.

[server groups]as for descriptions per client, theres permission like "edit descriptions" but I dont see any perm for "edit own description".

BUG [chan groups] about "grant talk power" this function keeps bugging a bit.
    scenario> moderated channel, everyone startek talking, everyone{expect Ops V, and CA} got "grant talk power". Now CA wil remove moderated so everyone with this [temp] grant should lose it. then he will apply [M] again, guess what?? everyone still have "grant talk power"
    scenario2> same channel again everyone with talk power everyone keep talking one over another, now if CA change "needed talk power" to higher value, all those with "grant talk power" at times when requirement was lover are still able to talk. I think that the {granted power}value shloud play in this as well.
    If I remember corectly rest works like a charm{ChanGroup voice have talk power 25, and if channel have requirement above 25 they can not talk.}

OT>> Download or Upload quota per client, I do know what is quota and the basics, but why its not just a space quota?
    and qouta like for downloads and uploads shlou expire at some point I believe. When is that? peer week?
    Last edited by Tomas; December 27th, 2009 at 02:28 PM.

File Transfer section, permissions

what is purpose of power in there??
    SA[ServerGroup] (upload/* power 75) uploads a file mate.png
    Guest[ServerGroup] SUCCESSFULLY delete a file mate.png (download power 75 browse power 75 upload power 10 rename 10 delete 10)
    beta6
    changelog check, no fix
    wth?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    OT>> Download or Upload quota per client, I do know what is quota and the basics, but why its not just a space quota?
    and qouta like for downloads and uploads shlou expire at some point I believe. When is that? peer week?
    I believe that the Quotas per client also refer to space. So setting Upload Quota of 15 MiB for one client does not allow him to host more than 15 MiB of data on the server at any given time.

Space quota can also be set for the complete server:
    Edit Virtual Server -> More -> Transfers -> Upload Quota / Download Quota <= This will limit the total space for files on the TS3 server

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    I believe that the Quotas per client also refer to space. So setting Upload Quota of 15 MiB for one client does not allow him to host more than 15 MiB of data on the server at any given time.

Space quota can also be set for the complete server:
    Edit Virtual Server -> More -> Transfers -> Upload Quota / Download Quota <= This will limit the total space for files on the TS3 server
    true but download quota is losing "purpose"...
    might be changed to allowance to download but thats already included in permissions above so .... setting it for now -1. Upload used as limit already.
    but I wonder how it is counted cuz lets say someone will upload like 10times each time different avatar, is it counted as files on server or just some counter which is incremented upon transfer complete.
    DEVs?

true but download quota is losing "purpose"...
    If client download quota is set to 15, then the client may not download files sized > 15 MiB.

but I wonder how it is counted cuz lets say someone will upload like 10times each time different avatar, is it counted as files on server or just some counter which is incremented upon transfer complete.
    As far as I could test it, the upload quota refers to the total file size of all files that are uploaded by you and that are still on the server. If you delete some of the files that you uploaded earlier, then they will not be counted any longer.

I recon that it is not a bandwidth limitation but rather a limitation of the hard disk space that a client may occupy.

quoata does not count diskspace. its counting uploaded/downloaded bytes and gets reset each month automatically.

so you can setup that someone can download 500 mb a month and upload 250 mb a month. thats it.

Exclamation

ok thanks that was usefull.

Can you people check also rest of my first 2 posts in this thread? I think those are more interesting.

got my answers, on public server for the other questions. Thank you.

req: close.
    Last edited by Tomas; January 1st, 2010 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Ludwig View Post
    quoata does not count diskspace. its counting uploaded/downloaded bytes and gets reset each month automatically.

so you can setup that someone can download 500 mb a month and upload 250 mb a month. thats it.
    With "someone", do you mean "any user on the virtual server can download 500 mb and upload 250" or "all users on the virtual server combined can download 500 mb and upload 250 mb" (each per month).

Just unsure here, because

VIRTUALSERVER_DOWNLOAD_QUOTA and VIRTUALSERVER_UPLOAD_QUOTA are virtual server instance properties, not client properties.

Btw: There appears to be a typo in the serverqury doc:

VIRTUALSERVER_DOWNLOAD_QUOTA
    Download quota for the virtual server (MByte) Yes
    VIRTUALSERVER_UPLOAD_QUOTA
    Download quota for the virtual server (MByte)

Thanks for your help

Florian

Thread Information