Forum

PHPBB integration?

Just curious if anyone was working on this?, when I mean integration I mean a way for a user to click on a channel and then have the website reply with the username so that the player will be in teamspeak under his phpbb forum username instead of guest or whatever.

That would be nice to have!

I am looking for something similar as well... A simple mod for phpbb to only allow registered phpbb3 users access the teamspeak 3 server... Enforce their board username as their nickname.

...T

Ts3 uses a different user system than ts2. I have done a once over on the ts3 database structure but I havent worked on integration yet.

For reference I created a phpbb mod to integrate ts2 and phpbb.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=44695

I think I will be able to do the following:
    Implement a way for users to enter their unique id into the forum to associate it with a forum account.
    Have forums manage permissions based on phpbb's groups
    Change server password to a per user implementation (so they have to use their forum password) or server pass only or both.

The requirements of mysql 5 will probably still be in place so it won't work on mysql 4 or below due to the fact I have to code some complicated stored functions in order to properly interface with the forum databases.

What could be a nice feature as well is the possibility to have phpbb send a message to the TS server when a new notification (PM/subscription/...) occurs.

VERY much looking forward to seeing what you can come up with Draygo.
    I also posted in you're old TS2 thread on phpbb.com but unfortunately it has been closed now. So had to register here to follow you're progress.

I'm hoping for mysql4 support (as we are using 4.1.22) but anything would be great.

Well since TS3 Does not lock off usernames due to its new user system aka the Unique ID system.(Atlest far as I know.) But what you can do is have this as a web site link
    ts3server://TS3serverAddress/ip?port=9987&nickname=ThereNickName&password=Passw ord

Here is a example.
    ts3server://ts3.shackx.net?port=9987&nickname=Websitename&pass word=

This way when they click on it. It will launch TS3 if its not running and join the server under that name.

Edit:
    I was looking up for more info. You can put up more in the command line link. Like Channel to join/Channel password. Here is a link to the FAQ on TS3 FAQ's http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=faq&c...server_weblink
    Last edited by nipper4369; August 10th, 2010 at 06:04 PM.

I don't understand, was it a reply to me?

I wanted phpbb integration like the one for TS2. Where TS server rights match phpbb3 forum rights. Defined by forum usergroups.

Thread Information