Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Solved Recording skips silence & cont. transmission

Hi there,

I got a little problem with my TS3 Client.
    Yesterday I recorded some of our CS 1.6 sessions with TS3.

In TS2, the records were all in real-time. That means: if there was silence in TS, there was silence on the record.
    Now TS3 kills all the gaps between two messages. Now it sounds like a flood of words.
    But I do want these breaks!
    Cause we record our wars in CStrike and we wanted to overlay the TS3 records with the CStrike records to make some funny movies .
    But now this is impossible....
    Is there any chance to get the breaks/gaps back?

Kind regards
    ethra

Lets update to get some answers - please .

As of right now, no it's not possible to get the gaps/breaks back. This might or might not change. I don't think it'll change during the beta, but perhaps in the future. However, i am not a dev, so all i say is speculation.

Recording skips silent parts

I'm not sure if I'm mad or what, but I just recorded a few hours of raid with TS3, and all the speech was packed so that there were no quiet moments. If the TS was silent for 3 minutes, it didn't show in the recording. The last and the next speech were adjacent no matter the pause between them. The video I record runs 1:1 realtime, but the TS recording jumps silence gaps.
    This makes it utterly impossible to make raid fights with live teamspeak chat behind them.

Is there any way to disable this? I could not find one, or is there something wrong with my client.

This is a feature that can't be disabled (at the moment).

Ok.

It's just so... what?

I updated to the latest version, this problem still persists. Any ideas if/when this will be fixed?

To be honest, seems kind of odd to create feature to skip silent parts. Wouldn't it be easier just to record everything and when nothing is heard just add silence?

depends how you use it. Some people enjoy the silent parts being skipped so they don't have to go through and edit out all the silent parts. Some people want the silent parts.

I wouldn't expect this to change anytime soon. Perhaps after things settle down.

Well that's even more odd. I kinda thought a solid timeline is a very important thing. I mean teamspeak is used frequently as a medium for recording multiplayer fights, races, raids and whatnot, and I'd think the same thing is very often also captured on video.
    Now, having a 1:1 videotrack of a race or a raid, and a voicetrack that is utterly impossible to lay over the actual video is just ... I'm loss for words.

I would have understood this as a feature you could snap on, like in a voice conversation, an interview or a forum chat.

Isn't there any way somebody could take this up on their task list to fix? I would bet good money that making this feature was more time consuming than to actually just record everything as it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by acdarc View Post
    I would bet good money that making this feature was more time consuming than to actually just record everything as it comes out.
    I would take that bet. Ok that wouldn't be fair, because I know I would win . Beefing up the recording feature with a few things is on our todo, but we still have more important stuff to do before we can go there.
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Beefing up the recording feature with a few things is on our todo, but we still have more important stuff to do before we can go there.
    What could be more important than a random rant of a nobody in a developers forum! I demand justice! I demand action!

Okay sarcasm aside, if this feature (or lack of it?) is really on the todo-list, I'm happy.

Thanks for the great software in any case .

~/A

I agree with acdarc, this function is very necessary.
    It is not known, when it is planned to make?

Many thanks for your program.

Continuous Recording

With Ts2, we liked to capture ingame videos with fraps and later mix it together with the voices from the audio file captured with teamspeak + some music. Ts3 only records if somebody talks, so it is impossible to synchronize the files any more.
    Would it be possible to insert another recording mode like the one in ts2?

Thx in advance!

This has been suggested before and i do believe it will be inserted as a recording option but it is low priority at the moment.

Easy work around, have one of your members use continuous transmission while you are playing in game, maybe the one that is making the recording in the first place.

Thread Information