Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Recording question

Hi, I was just trying to record a video of me and my friends playing a game for my website, and we record ourselves with Teamspeak 3. When I went in to edit the video, the audio recording was much shorter than the video recording. I concluded thatTS3 must cut out any silence when recording, so I just turned on continuous transmission, but then it seemed to cut entire segments out of our voiceovers. Is there a setting I'm missing or is TS3 just not capable of recording 20+minutes of conversation? And if that's true, can anyone suggest any alternatives?

Currently TS3 cuts out any "blank" sections of audio. I believe the Devs are planning on either changing this or adding the option to change it yourself in a future release.

Recording problem.

Hi,

I wanted to record me and some friends on TeamSpeak3. But when i'm recording there is two problems:

-All the "Blank" are cuted
    -Teamspeak record everyone, except me.

:/

Hello

Currently TS3 cuts any "blank".
    In my knowledge it's maybe planned for a future release.

For your sound, it's on todo (if I remember correctly )

Info :
    This questions has been already answered in this forum. Next time, please, use the search function

TeamSpeak 3 Recording

Right now TeamSpeak 3 only records something if someone is talking. That means if you say "hello" and 1 hour later you say "hallo" again, the recording will be "hello""hello" without the 1 hour pause in between.
    Would it be possible to have TeamSpeak 3 record the "pauses" between the speaking? This would be really helpful, cause I think the recordings can be confusing sometimes.

all threads and post has been moved into this thread

Took me only 5 minutes to find and read all of this threads with just the word "record" as forum search.
    Last edited by dante696; March 1st, 2011 at 04:30 PM.

So lets merge and answer them Thank you!
    Everything is merged now!

I know, that many user complain against recording, because it does not record silence and when you start to record, while you use continous transmission.

edit
    This problem should be gone with our latest RC1-release
    How to get it >> here
    Last edited by dante696; March 1st, 2011 at 04:28 PM.

Is this really resolved? I can't find an option in the latest build to record gaps... :/

Yes it is solved, since Rc1 client is available.
    There is no optopn, it just records everything, even when nothing said.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I'm a little disappointed this wasn't made an option. Both methods of recording have their merits.

User complained, that we have a bug there and yes it wasn't wanted.
    This bug was only available in our old sound system and it was no option or it was not planned to skipp silence parts.

Our tool records anything, like a comparable tool would do.

I guess, this a I complain against everthing action? :-/
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    User complained, that we have a bug there and yes it wasn't wanted.
    This bug was only available in our old sound system and it was no option or it was not planned to skipp silence parts.

Our tool records anything, like a comparable tool would do.

I guess, this a I complain against everthing action? :-/
    Sorry you feel you're getting negative feedback no matter what fixes are made, dante - obviously the devs efforts are appreciated and it made a lot of people happier with TS3 when this was fixed. To be honest, even though I describe an alternative below I do prefer what we have now, to what we had before.

The request of Harelin is similar to my own: some of us make loooooong recordings - regularly well over 9hrs - with potentially large periods of silence. Having a stop/start approach instead of continuous make these recordings much more useful (and saves manually listening to 9hrs of audio files to find out when people spoke, when syncing with some timelapse video, for example).

It need not record to a single file; writing to separate files named YYYY-MM-DD HH-MM-SS.wav would be an easy way to skip silence but still keep a time reference for the audio. A new option could be as simple as "Close file after [ ] seconds of silence" would be a great way to make everyone happy.

PS: Apologies for the thread necromancy, but this did seem to be the most appropriate topic in search results.

PPS: If someone knows of an audio tool that can scan-ahead for the next instance of noise - then I'm all ears.

Thread Information