Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostofkc View Post
    I am thinking apple mail did something to the license key attachment.
    Known problem with Apple Mail. Use something else.

Wait, I didn't rwead your message to the end.
    Rename your file as "licensewhatever.uue" and use winzip for example to extract proper file.

Unhappy

Also, there maybe a problem with the file as you downloaded it. Try opening the file with notepad and then copy and paste the contents of the file into a new notepad document and then save it as licensekey.dat - making sure you set 'Save as type' to All Files. This worked for me.
    Perfect! I tryed it and i see no more error-message when i restart my server! THX

edit: Damn after a second restart of the server it doesn't work again! Dont know what I've done
    Last edited by Redasurc; January 6th, 2010 at 09:42 PM.

Did you stop the server before you placed the license file in the directory?

I know it sounds an obvious question, but it's something simple that can be overlooked.

No I placed the .dat in the Dictionary, then I restarted the server and I got no error. Afterward I shut the Server for Backup again down, and when I restarted it I got the errormessage again

Talking

The first time you started teamspeak it created a user called "serveradmin" and generated a password if you didn't write it down you have to delete the file ts3server.sqlitedb in your teamspeak root folder. Stop the server and restart it. With the database file missing it will think its a new install and create the user "serveradmin" again and generate a new password which will be displayed in console window write it down. From the client connect to the server with this username and password. Goto your root teamspeak dir and look in the \logs dir open the first log file and look for the token= line and copy everything after the = sign. In the client left click to highlight the serveradmin user then in the menu bar click permissions and then use token paste the token you copied from the server log hit OK now when you right click in left pane no more greyed out items you have control of the server full access with serveradmin user.
    Last edited by ToddMcIntyre; January 9th, 2010 at 03:20 AM. Reason: spelling

Thumbs up Got it

The first time you started teamspeak it created a user called "serveradmin" and generated a password if you didn't write it down you have to delete the file ts3server.sqlitedb in your teamspeak root folder. Stop the server and restart it. With the database file missing it will think its a new install and create the user "serveradmin" again and generate a new password which will be displayed in console window write it down. From the client connect to the server with this username and password. Goto your root teamspeak dir and look in the \logs dir open the first log file and look for the token= line and copy everything after the = sign. In the client left click to highlight the serveradmin user then in the menu bar click permissions and then use token paste the token you copied from the server log hit OK now when you right click in left pane no more greyed out items you have control of the server full access with serveradmin user.
    ?? That was not the Question! I know that i have to login via Telnet to restart server! I have my Serveradmin password written down and I had used the token

BtT: A firend joined our clan and he gave us his licencekey for the Teamspeakserver and now it works! My old file was simply damaged! I donno if Apple Mail made this but in my old file there was only one line with random chars, in my new file there's written all about the owner and so on.

Thanks for your help

LG Redasurc

You guys ever tried to READ topic before posting in it?

I got the same problem. Has someone found out how to activate the license?

Quote Originally Posted by xteron View Post
    I got the same problem. Has someone found out how to activate the license?
    xteron
    -= TeamSpeak User =- Join Date: Dec 2009

Quote Originally Posted by ANR Daemon View Post
    xteron
    -= TeamSpeak User =- Join Date: Dec 2009

Doesn't mean you have to be a snob about it

Still it does mean you must (not may, not should) read at least the topic you are to post in. Before you post.

I was having the same issue as you. I had setup the license, it worked... then at some point in all of my restarts it stopped working. I am also using OSX and apple mail to download the attachment.

Here is how I got it to work:
    1. Logged into my email via webmail (and i assume anything other than Apple Mail will work) and downloaded the attachment.
    2. Deleted the licensekey.dat and ts3server.sqlite files
    3. Started it up and everything was working.

there have been issues with apple run email breaking the file. also delete the freakin ini file. you do not need it!

EDIT: glad you got it fixed

Thread Information