Forum

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofdresa View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but if I don't have a mic I am considered idle as I am not speaking right?

if this is the case and you have someone who has no mic and is then moved to an AFK channel they will be moved every x minutes.
    Maybe an odd question... but why would you be using a voice chat program with no microphone?

I was thinking of something along the lines of how Ventrilo does it. It monitors whether or not you're moving your mouse, or if there are keyboard actions taking place. If in x number of minutes you haven't moved your mouse or typed anything in it will automatically send you to the AFK channel. This is something that is built into the server, and in my opinion is a brilliant idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Arterio View Post
    Maybe an odd question... but why would you be using a voice chat program with no microphone?
    Because i'm listening to orders?
    I've been flying for four months without mic. Cause usually I don't need to give out any info, only follow instructions and pick proper targets.

Quote Originally Posted by ANR Daemon View Post
    Because i'm listening to orders?
    I've been flying for four months without mic. Cause usually I don't need to give out any info, only follow instructions and pick proper targets.
    Amen Sir... Amen.... I have a Mic and head set. Back when I was using my built in mic people said that I sounded like Kenny from South Park. Thank god I didn't die every raid.

Answer to your question sonofdresa:
    If you do NOTHING in Teamspeak you will be moved if your Server Admin implents that kinda MOD. So if you would be typing IN TEAMSPEAK or w/e you aren't considered "idle" but if youre not typing or talking you would be AFK and would be moved to AFK channel

I'd like this, it could be a virtual server option under the misc tab so that you could say move users that have been idle for x minutes to channel x

for one easy and obvious reason, since some people doesn't like to be moved unwillingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceromus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Auto move if idle won't be implemented by devs.
    Any particular reason?
    Probably, but the dante never tells us why.

Quote Originally Posted by willy_sunny View Post
    for one easy and obvious reason, since some people doesn't like to be moved unwillingly.
    They're AFK... They're not there to care... If you're gonna be AFK you should either leave or put yourself in the AFK channel, this would be nice to have for the few times people forget. Or say they'll be right back and then they're not. Besides, if you don't want to be moved, find a server where they won't; you can't complain about the rules of a server when there are other choices.
    Last edited by UF|Renegade|LTG; January 10th, 2010 at 12:51 AM.

would it not also save bandwidth to move idle people to a no-speak channel?

Quote Originally Posted by jesepi View Post
    would it not also save bandwidth to move idle people to a no-speak channel?
    Once, there was a ship built.
    It was a very comfortable cruise ship, and carefully designed to be as safe as comfortable... one of the safety means projected was that in the case of fire all doors were supposed to automatically close...
    Guess why this system was scratched from final plans? This system was not able to check if there was a people in the way... and what should mean safety was turning into actual danger.

That's kind of ridiculous man... Completely different scenario.

What does that have to do with anything I posted?

That would save ship from fire. But kill people trapped in the rooms.
    In your scenario, it would only get people upset, however, if they moved to other channel unexpectedly.

No, it really wouldn't.

I've had this kind of setup for many years on another similar product, with several hundred users and I have never had a complaint about the auto-afk feature.

Why? Because they are not there when it happens.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1684/autoafk.jpg

Exactly, if the system was poorly designed and moved clients in error all the time, THAT would be annoying. But if it works properly and only moves people when they're AFK, it's not annoying. They aren't there to even notice, and in most cases, would probably find it helpful: "Oh, did I forget to move myself to the AFK channel? My bad, it's all good though."

My TS3 server is used by around 60 people, usually only about 20 at a time though. A lot of these people leave them selves in channels and walk away, some have been good at putting them selves in the AFK channel, but most haven't.

The idle time is tracked by the client, I don't see why a server side script can't monitor the client idle time and after X number of minutes move the client to a desired channel. I mean they have the Kick if idle for X number of minutes, why can't that just be modified to be Move if idle instead? Then designate a channel as the "idle_channel". Same as you have a "default_channel".

Thread Information