Forum

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I tried using that max idle time permission to see what would happen but it didn't do anything? Has anyone used it successfully?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got that.

I too would like to see this feature. But I would use it in conjunction with Kick if Idle time.. Move to AFK after 20 minutes idle, Kick after 1-2 hours idle. I'm limiting the number of connections to 32 on my server because of bandwidth restrictions. I don't want people to not be able to login because I have 12 people indefiniatly AFK. And I don't want to allow MORE than 32, because with my luck, we'd get more that 32 active and kill the pipe. lol

Idea for moving to idle channel instead of kick was rejected by Dev's.
    Won't be implemented. Just write a plugin for such a function. On server Beta 13 clientinfo gives out Idle time.

How would I go about writting a server side plugin? I didn't think that was possible. And I can't rely on the clients connecting to install the plugin.

Understood. As long as this is something that can be done via SERVER SIDE plugin, Cool. I too was not aware there were 'server side plugins'.. will have to look into it more. Hopefully it's not too difficult to build some type of simple script.

I don't think I could create a script myself, don't have any coding knowledge. But something like the TS2Perl Mod would be awesome. Maybe the original coder will update it or make a TS3Perl Mod.

I would have LOVED Idle Move To Channel option in TS3. Was looking for it and found this

I know absolutely nothing about Perl, or coding. Only done a bit of PHP and some CSS for webdesign work. But I borrowed a "Teach Yourself Perl in 21 days" book from work and I'm going to see if I can't come up with something.

Why not write it in PHP if you know it already?

Cause he didn't know you could do that?

I don't know how to access telnet with PHP, but that's only cause I haven't bothered to look it up yet. Eventually I will.

It should be noted that this function is impossible via ServerQuery.

The property client_idle_time only accounts for actions within TeamSpeak, not anything else I do with my computer. So if I'm the only one in the TS server, playing a game, doing work, or whatever, I will eventually be moved for "being AFK." What it SHOULD do, is account for everything, mouse movement, key presses, basically the same as windows does when checking if your computer has been idle long enough to turn the screensaver on.

Quote Originally Posted by UF|Renegade|LTG View Post
    It should be noted that this function is impossible via ServerQuery.

The property client_idle_time only accounts for actions within TeamSpeak, not anything else I do with my computer. So if I'm the only one in the TS server, playing a game, doing work, or whatever, I will eventually be moved for "being AFK." What it SHOULD do, is account for everything, mouse movement, key presses, basically the same as windows does when checking if your computer has been idle long enough to turn the screensaver on.
    This could only be done through a client side plug-in. I'm willing to setting for the odd person being moved to the AFK channel, even if they're not AFK. I'd set the idle time to something like 30 minutes.

I don't have much experience with PHP. Only used it to build theme's for CMS style websites.

In the Addons & Scripts forum someone made an addon that does a server query and will move people to any channel you wish.It works well for me.You can set x time for query and x time for idol up to 60 min.All you need is ip user name and server pass.Pretty easy to use.

I'm currently creating an addon to move players to an AFK Channel that works via server query. ATM all the core is done and it works perfectly, I'm just working on the configuration options now, (Ability to ignore idlers in certain channels, ability to ignore certain users, etc.) I should be done very soon actually, although it isnt much for looks as it just runs in console (but then again does it need to look pretty?) When it's done and I release it, I'll make sure to post here with an update.

Released: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=50081
    Last edited by Theowningone; January 18th, 2010 at 03:35 PM.

Thread Information