Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

TS3 Autostart/login for Client

MS Vista - My TS2 had some added info on the icon properties target line to autostart/login TS after a reboot. This code doesn't work with TS3. The program will autostart, but wont complete login. Anyone figure out what to put on the icon target line to autostart/login to a TS3 server?

Sorry if this is a repost, but I searched for it and couldn't find anything.

In the bookmarks edit screen, click on the server you want to auto connect to, click "More" and check the "Connect on Startup" box.

I posted this on my clans website but I think it's what you want. Substitute your server address for the one I have listed below.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Making a desktop icon for Teamspeak3 is a little bit different than it was for Teamspeak2.
    Follow the instructions below to get yours set up.

** Important ** This icon will not work with TS3 beta 1. Make sure you have the latest version of the TS3 client beta software before continuing.
    Click here to get the latest version: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

How to set it up:

1) Right click somewhere on your desktop and select "New" then "Shortcut"

2) A box will open asking you for the location of the new item. Type this in that box- ts3server://8.9.37.236/?port=9102 <---substitute your address here

3) You will then be asked to type a name for your new shortcut. Make it 1st RTB TS3 or something similar and click "Next". <---use your own server name here

That's it!

If you would like to change the default icon picture to the Teamspeak logo follow the steps below.

Change Icon Picture:

1) Highlight your new TS3 icon, right click and select "Properties".

2) Click on the "Change Icon" button and then the "Browse" Button. Browse to C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client

3) Highlight either ts3client_win64.exe or ts3client_win64.exe depending on which version you are using.

4) A box will open up and you just need to click "Ok" for your new icon picture to take effect.
    Last edited by BGen_JD8; December 28th, 2009 at 11:16 PM.

That works too.

BJen_JD8, thanks, works perfect.

No problem, glad it helped.

I just found a problem with doing it the way I described above. It is possible you may strip a few images from your Teamspeak by connecting from a desktop bookmark. It's best to simply connect to TS3 with the normal icon and set your prefered bookmark (server) to connect on startup as suggested by Malivil.

teamspeak 3 command line parameters

ok, heres what I want to do.
    I want to put a registry entry in the run section so it starts with windows.
    my question is, what are the parameters to make it start up and connect to a particular server and join a particular room and mute mic and headphones.
    all help is appreciated!
    this is for windows, btw.

Not sure on exactly how to get it to run with windows start up. Google is probably your best friend for that.

But i can help you with some of the other things.

"how to connect to a server automatically when starting TS3"

Go to bookmarks ->manage bookmarks and select the server you want to connect to. Hit the more button at the bottom and check "Connect on startup" located at the bottom right.

Also, you may enter in the default channel you wish to be connected to.

As far as automatically muting your mic and headphones, you can simply change your capture profile / playback profile to none. When you come back you can right click on the server tab and apply your capture profile / playback profile back to default or whatever the name of your profiles are.

You may connect to multiple servers at startup and is not limited to just one.

right now I have a string value in the registry using the ts3server:// http parameters. I just want to know how to make it auto join a room etc

Oh no! You missed what i said in my previous post.

"how to connect to a server automatically when starting TS3"

Go to bookmarks ->manage bookmarks and select the server you want to connect to. Hit the more button at the bottom and check "Connect on startup" located at the bottom right.

Also, you may enter in the default channel you wish to be connected to.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTKA View Post
    Not sure on exactly how to get it to run with windows start up. Google is probably your best friend for that.
    Should be able to drag/copy the TS3 client shortcut into start menu\all probram\startup folder. As log as your not holding shift during login process it should auto start TS3.

I also want to know the parameters(if any) to automatically join a particular server and room on connect, and mute my sound and mic

Quote Originally Posted by AmunRa123 View Post
    I also want to know the parameters(if any) to automatically join a particular server and room on connect, and mute my sound and mic
    All have that can be done with the bookmark, though the muted part is not very "clean". Just set the default channel on the bookmark and set the capture and playback profiles to none. Will be "muted" on connect and have to right click the server tab and select a capture and playback profile to unmute.

Thread Information