Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

When do we get a nice debian package?

Seriously, installing a TS2 server in Ubuntu is as simple as "sudo apt-get install teamspeak-server" and editing a config file.

And then starting and stopping it is a easy as /etc/init.d/teamspeak server (start:stop:restart)

Is is possible that someone can make a debian package that works like the current TS2 server?

Did you consider windows? You get icons too

Quote Originally Posted by metamatix View Post
    Did you consider windows? You get icons too
    Icons?

Why would a buy a copy of windows server when Linux is free, more secure, and much more stable.

Well anyway I got a TS3 server and client running on my Ubuntu machines but yeah a debian package would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCow View Post
    Seriously, installing a TS2 server in Ubuntu is as simple as "sudo apt-get install teamspeak-server" and editing a config file.

And then starting and stopping it is a easy as /etc/init.d/teamspeak server (start:stop:restart)

Is is possible that someone can make a debian package that works like the current TS2 server?
    Why do you need a debian package?

1. Download archive (wget url)
    2. unpacking archive (tar xzf archive)
    3. change directory and run the ts3server_linux file.

You can use one of the start scripts and copy them to /etc/init.d/, then you can use start/stop/restart parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by Servior View Post
    Why do you need a debian package?

1. Download archive (wget url)
    2. unpacking archive (tar xzf archive)
    3. change directory and run the ts3server_linux file.

You can use one of the start scripts and copy them to /etc/init.d/, then you can use start/stop/restart parameters.
    Good idea putting a start up script in init.d

But it would make things easier if its in synaptic. Especially for the client, because then it can be updated or removed from synaptic, and you can run it from the Applications tab.

the update frequencie of the server and client files very high.

its not useful to propagate ts3 over the package systems, wait so long till final version.

that wouldn't necessarily be an issue if they hosted their own repo and we just added it to our repo list. That would mean we wouldn't have to wait for integration into the current package system.

Debian Jessie+ package

Hi.

As I found this thread via Google while searching for a Debian package for the TeamSpeak 3 server, I though I might revive this thread.

I just build a script to generate a .deb package for Debian Jessie and later using systemd as a service manager:
    https://github.com/pschichtel/ts3server-package

The script and package structure is partially based on the Archlinux AUR package "teamspeak3-server". It works so far, however this is the first Debian package I made.

Updated my script for 3.0.12.1 (and probably future releases), The generated package will upgrade without overwriting configs as well

I would strongly urge using docker these days.

I'm currently working on improving a docker image over at https://github.com/thorerik/teamspeak3-docker

And how does TeamSpeak Systems GmbH. looking at the server being redistributed like that?

Thread Information