Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Permissions Situation/Strategy

I want anyone to enter my teamspeak but not have access to any room except the lobby. However people who are part of my clan I want them to be able to go to any room.

If I make them a CA or Operator then I have to register that to them in each channel. It's a pain.

So basically I want to limit guests to 1 room unless I figure how who they are. And give open access to my clan members.

What do I do?

Make a new group called guild members, and set there talk power to something above 0; Like 10. Then set the required talk power of all the other channels except lobby to 10.

Quote Originally Posted by DeMiNe0 View Post
    Make a new group called guild members, and set there talk power to something above 0; Like 10. Then set the required talk power of all the other channels except lobby to 10.
    if you do this the guests can join. they only cant talk in the other rooms. Or i did something wrong?

greets
    tigerle

You have to set the "needed_channel_join_power" power of the channel e.g. to 10.
    Then give your clients /meber server group a "channel_join_power of 10 to make them able to join the channels.. In your default server group you may set the power to 0 and the problem is fixed.

Just set the channel join power of the guest group to a negative value like -1. So you don't have to change anything in the channel permissions and guests can't leave the lobby. Make sure that your clan members belong to a group with a positive join pover value.
    At least this works for my guild server.

I like the last idea. But what can I do where I don't have to give the group permission in EVERY SINGLE room?

Quote Originally Posted by numbers View Post
    I like the last idea. But what can I do where I don't have to give the group permission in EVERY SINGLE room?
    if you use channel_join_power -1 for guests, all channels can have 0 talk power, guest will still not be able to enter. And therefor you don't have to do it for every channel. (If you want guests to be able to get in some channels, you have to set permission on every channel yes)

You don't have to change permissions in single channels. The channels have a needed join power value of 0 by default. Just change the join power of the server group "guest", or whatever you have called the default server group, to -1. It's just that one step.

Or take the check marks off "Guests" join permanent channel, join temporary channel, join semi-permanent channel?

Haven't tried that yet, could work too.

Thread Information