Forum

Register with server option not available ?

Hello

As i've noticed in TS2 there was the register with server option ... now i can see only gues, voice, operator, server admin. How players suppose to register? or this is still being developed?

Thanks in advance

There is no registration needed for Teamspeak 3!

Just connect and you are in. The Server Admin can put you in another server/channel group for more rights on the server.

Teamspeak 3 use a private/public key pair and you should export your identity (menu Options -> Identity) and backup this. So you can import this identity again after a hard disk crash or system reinstall.

isn t possible for an user to use only lets say "Test" username and others can't use this Test name ?

About identiy , what s the purpose if i manually add usernames that multiple ips/users can login to same username. Let s say someone flamed from username "test" which is a nice person but the guy that loggined with it s name is tring to ruin it s reputation

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by DGNTeam View Post
    isn t possible for an user to use only lets say "Test" username and others can't use this Test name ?
    Like in Teamspeak 2, it is also possible to use a wrong name in Teamspeak 3. But you see the public ID, if this is different, it may be another guy.

Quote Originally Posted by DGNTeam View Post
    About identiy , what s the purpose if i manually add usernames that multiple ips/users can login to same username. Let s say someone flamed from username "test" which is a nice person but the guy that loggined with it s name is tring to ruin it s reputation
    As server admin you don't give rights to a nickname. You give rights to a user saved in the Teamspeak database with his own public ID, and so on.

So it is not possible for someone to get different rights just by changing the nickname.

/yes i can see the id is different ...

The scenario looks like this

User A is a respected user which logins on name "test" always

User B is a guy who tries to spoil User A's reputations so he logins with "test" and starts to speak rude ...

How the other guys will notice that isn t infact User A on that username ? I doubt ppl will know where to watch ( public ID ) to see if this is the fake user A

Use the Contacts window to add people you know to your list. That way you can easily display a name you want instead.

Use different server group icons or tell him to use something like an avatar. So it should be easier to discover the right guy.

But even in Teamspeak 2 was it possible to use wrong names. And after some days it should be possible to identify someone on the voice.

Iwould like to have the old system with username and password back :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Makoto View Post
    Iwould like to have the old system with username and password back :-(
    most unlikely to happen.

Thread Information