Forum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

MIC disabled

I have WIN XP, Soundblaster live, and Game voice headset, this worked fine with TS 2 and (GASP) Ventrillo.

I installed TS 3 tested everything but MIC was disabled. I could hear everyone but no one could hear me.

I uninstalled TS2 and vent. Still MIC disabled.

I then removed Soundblaster and used Realtek onboard sound. Everything tests OK but MIC still disabled. I tried another MIC still no luck!

I am playing WARBIRDS with this setup. Does anyone have any ideas??

I also removed GAME VOICE hardware but not software still no luck

Mic disabled

WOW thanks for all the tips.

I did chk my drivers for SB live they were up to date but I will double check. Will install TS2 again and see if that trick works. Is there that much difference between TS 2 and 3 that the same hardware wouldn't work on the same OS?? Thanks again and I will let you know how I make out.

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    What capture device/mode do you have set in TS?

SETTINGS->OPTIONS->CAPTURE
    I tried all avaiable options in capture... starting with default and changing to Core Audio both (and one at time) Capture and Playback, changing all kind of option like push-to-talk, voice activation, etc...

here a more detailed explanation: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=57602

Looking thru the topics it seems the "fail-mic-detection" is quite common also for windows users...

bye,
    t.

Some success

OK I used my realtek hd onboard audio, reconnected my game voice and reinstalled TS2. My MIC was finally enabled in TS3 after starting TS2. The bad news is Game voice not working, I can no longer changes channels IN Game without disconnecting from game first. This messes up in game co-operation. My next step will be to maybe put back sound blaster card. But also to get MS Game voice working. It really made switching channels easy and I have 3 of them.

Voice does not work.

I have 2 soundcards, a Realtek and a Soundblaster. I am attempting to record from the soundblaster and play through the realtek.

Every application that uses sound works fine, Skype, Audacity, windows sound recorder so I know the windows sound system and cables and settings are fine.

It also seems interesting that When TS3 is loaded no other sound program can grab the mic so that tells me its taking crontrol of it but not utilizing it for some reason.

Any ideas?

No sound from mic when connected

I have someone that has a SB Live value. The mic works with the windows sound recorder and they are able to play it back after recording. As soon as they connect to a TS3 server the mic no longer transmits. It does not show to be disabled or x out. The strange part is the lamp does not light up at all, Even when you set it to continuous transmission the lamp does not light up. Even in the past when someone’s mic was not working the lamp would at least come on but not on this one.

I have tried everything and am unable to get it to work. It is the beta 36 build. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,

Are the drivers current?

There are alot of problems with that old soundcard and can't be fixed from our side.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...ndblaster+live

Maybe these problem will be solved with the overhaul from our sound system.

Thank you for the information.

same problem

I have the same problem.

Operating System: Windows XP x32
    Teamspeak 3 Build: 12815
    Sound Card: Creative SB live! (WDM)

no mic sound with TS3

Hey

There is no mic sound it works but the TS3 doesn't pick it up...

I'm using a PCI sound blaster digital audio sound card

The mic works but the TS3 doesn't pic up any sound

I've spent 3 days searching for a problem... only thing I can think of is TS3 is wack or doesn't support high end sound cards from the past...

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
    Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~2193 Mhz
    Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
    Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB

Name: Creative SB Live! Value (WDM)
    Manufacturer: Creative
    PNP Device ID: PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0002&SUBSYS_80271102&REV_08\4&1A6 71D0C&0&30F0
    I/O Port: 0x0000C000-0x0000C01F
    IRQ Channel: IRQ 18
    Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\emu10k1m.sys (5.12.01.3300 built by: WinDDK, 277.25 KB (283,904 bytes), 12/31/2010 10:40 PM)
    Last edited by hns21; February 20th, 2011 at 01:52 PM.

Everbody with that problem should try our lates RC1 release.
    This URL tells you how to get it.

hns21 High end soundcard? Your soundcard was never an high end modell (Not now and not in the past)

Old sounbd Blaster live soundcards do not work with our old FMOD version. The Reason is simple The driver for this soundcard are really old and outdated.

Realtek Users! Please also updat your drivers to
    Latest version: Realtek HD R2.57 / Realtek AC'97 "6.305 Windows Vista and Windows 7 / Realtek AC'97 4.06a Windows XP

Thread Information