Forum

teamspeak server compatible with Sparc

I currently have a old ultrasparc 80 (64 bit) that i was looking to start a teamspeak server on.. i currently have linux/ubuntu sever as the O/S... i have searched around havn't found even a teamspeak 2 download sever that looks compatible with sparc. the 64 bit linux sever downloads off T.S appear to be AMD only...

any suggestions?

thanks

there is no sparc version of ts3.
    But you could of course try to convince/persuade/bribe the developers to port it to that platform. At least if you are running linux on your sparc system it sounds somewhat feasible. I guess even a Solaris port could be possible

best regards

just looked through a bunch of old threads and found the the topic has come up before.. however i wonder about the likelyhood of actually getting them to port it to sparc. i'm cirous to know what the demand for such a option would be and how to go about getting a petition or unified request for a sparc compatible server download... until then i'll just find other things that could be fun to do with this old sun or maybe just put it back in the closet..

i would guess that the demand for a sparc version be it linux or solaris isn't high enough to justify a port it.

best regards

Thread Information