Forum

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Will there be a Teamspeak 3 Linux Server for ARM based Systems in the feature?

Hi Guys,
    is there a Way to get that amazing Teamspeak for using it on Arm Systems like the Pandaboard oder Beagleboard XM they are based on Arm Processors and are very Low Power Devices.
    On this system is runing a Ubuntu distribution or ängström Linux, so will there be a possibility to get running Teamspeak 3 server on that devices?

If there is a way to do that i would donate for this, cause this can saves me money that i can donate to you and that great tool.

Greets Stoki

After 2 years? cant compile -march armv4t . ARM is NOT going to happen. Low power processor devices are NOT their consern. Why do you persist?

You cannot do it so easily.

Any new info on this? Would be amazing to get to run a ts3 server on the upcoming Raspberry Pi.

Interesting.. they have Arm clients on Android now. Perhaps ARM Server to follow maybe? (add Dr. Zoidberg accent)

With the Raspberry Pi coming out soon, I'm putting in my vote for an arm version of TS3.
    +1 vote

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadavos View Post
    With the Raspberry Pi coming out soon, I'm putting in my vote for an arm version of TS3.
    +1 vote
    It's been years in requesting this. It isn't gonna happen. You can't compile this with -march armv4

I asked them about this like a month ago and answer was that they currently have no ARM Linux server on the top of their todo and that they'd see how the demand for additional platforms rose. So basically a standard copy/paste answer but guess that still shows how they are thinking about it. TS3 server for arm really would be such a great thing to have for the RasPi.

We have been asking them for YEARS not MONTHS to add a "-march arm4t" flag to their compiles and create a version for ARM. But they can't . It won't work. There will not be a TS for ARM.

Forget it.

Move on.

It's strange because they have now a client on android which is for arm processors but there is no server version!

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor91 View Post
    It's strange because they have now a client on android which is for arm processors but there is no server version!
    I know. I use it.. It works great. But you cannot simply recompile the server with -march arm4t.

I have helped port firefox and other packages to armedslack. It's pretty easy compiling software for ARM with GCC.

Teamspeak server is VERY complicated and uses uber CPU power (look at the gobs of CPU it uses on your Linux and BSD boxes - it's immense!) and is not easily portable. Give it up.

Question TS3 server for ds212+ and other arm architectures planed/realised?

Hello,

i'm a german and my english is not so fine, please sorry...

If it possible to compile the ts3 source to ARM architecture for working on a Synology DS212+ ?

I have this NAS in my home online for 24/7 and my child need for gaming a ts3 server for privacy use (gaming with friends (max. 5 player) and so on).
    My idea was to use the NAS server for this job, but the compiled servers are only for x64 based linux systems.

I think a lot of other people a interrest on this server binary...

Thanks a lot of this way to the developer of ts3, great work all !!!

Best regards,

Zentris (Shatrath, Horde (what else ? ;-))

edit by mod > thread got moved
    Last edited by dante696; May 18th, 2012 at 01:51 PM.

This is no new request, but server for ARM cpu's still not on our road map.
    I cant say, if this will ever be implemented.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

You really should be looking into this more actively. There will be millions of these low cost, low power arm computers sold this and the following years. I see ts3 server as the perfect thing to run on these.

TeamSpeak3 on Raspberry Pi

I think creating a version of TS3 for Raspberry Pi would make more people use TS3.

Raspberry Pi's are very small and Eco Friendly, in terms of power consumption.

They are going to be really popular soon, so why not be ahead of the game?
    Last edited by dante696; February 27th, 2015 at 12:57 PM. Reason: merged

we try to get one... which is kinda... impossible atm

Thread Information