Forum

Server will not start without network connection

I posted problem info below.

I have run into a problem with the server not starting with out a internet connection. When I execute the file it errs out and says that it cannot resolve a host name. Is there a way to get around this? As sometimes I have LAN party's with my friends and I take my server to places where an internet connection is not possible.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by 1Roth1; January 2nd, 2010 at 06:52 PM. Reason: added information

Could you please post the full error message? That would help much.

The info

Sorry if I could not post the err message earlier but I had my server at my office. so I had to go to work and bring it home.

ubutu Linux 9.10

ts3 server 32 bit beta 11

running on an intel atom 330 platform with 2 gig ram.

when not connected to the internet on start up I get this message.

gameserver:/home/TS3/ts3-server$ sudo ./ts3server_linux_x86
    Logging started
    2010-01-02 16:23:29.210968|INFO |ServerLibPriv | | Server Version: 3.0.0-beta11 [Build: 9559]
    2010-01-02 16:23:29.211682|INFO |DatabaseQuery | | dbPlugin name: SQLite3 plugin, (c)TeamSpeak Systems GmbH
    2010-01-02 16:23:29.211832|INFO |DatabaseQuery | | dbPlugin version: 3.6.21
    2010-01-02 16:23:29.230865|DEVELOP | | | TS3ANetwork::ResolveHostName failed error: -3 (Temporary failure in name resolution) 11
    2010-01-02 16:23:29.321798|CRITICAL| | | TS3ANetwork::IPFamilyToAf SHOULD NOT REACH THIS

I was wondering if there is a work around for this so I can start the server when I have no connection to the internet.

TS3 server will not work without an working internet connection !!!
    It is necesary for Licensing check !!!

:(

So even with a valid license I will not be able to use this with out an internet connection... Because the server has to check every time it boots up. This is problematic for me as an internet connection is not always a possibility. There has to be a way to run this on a privet network that is not connected to the internet?

There isnt at least for now but i dont think they will ever put that feature in it opens ts3 up for license abuse

Solution

We it seam I might of found a solution. But it is going to cost me some money. It seams that they have a special license so that you can use teamspeak3 on a closed networks for internal communications. So I sent an email to there sales department to see about purchasing said license for use while me and my server are in Afghanistan.

Solders deployed who after a long day in the field come back to the barracks to play FPS after a long day of real life FPS. What a strange way to relax! :P

There is no solution

OK! After talking to sales they where so kind to inform me that there is no possible way to run TS3 in an environment where there is no connection to the internet.
    I would of liked to have been able to use this program while I am Afghanistan and would of been willing to pay a fee to do it. But fortunately TS2 still works in an internet free environment although it is not the best option, but I am stuck with it.

this is what i told you in my post !

Quote Originally Posted by 1Roth1 View Post
    OK! After talking to sales they where so kind to inform me that there is no possible way to run TS3 in an environment where there is no connection to the internet.
    I would of liked to have been able to use this program while I am Afghanistan and would of been willing to pay a fee to do it. But fortunately TS2 still works in an internet free environment although it is not the best option, but I am stuck with it.
    without a license it will work... but limited to 32 slots.

Thread Information