Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ANR Daemon View Post
    All GUI is on client side, and already present.
    Got it all working and most of you guys were right, it is very simple once you get the hang of it. Some of you though, were just downright unprofessional.

Quote Originally Posted by XtcruleZ View Post
    Got it all working and most of you guys were right, it is very simple once you get the hang of it. Some of you though, were just downright unprofessional.
    Quote Originally Posted by XtcruleZ View Post
    Sincerely, GFY.
    and you were professional? HAHAHA

I agree no Installer needed for this, I also agree No GUI needed for server side. No sense using resources that can be used for something else that no one is going to use except for every now and then anyway.

Very good job on the new work for TS3 I am sure it will be better as it gets further along.

1. I don't want any installer for the server. I hate installers because I don't know what they are doing.

2. I don't need any GUI.

3. I run my TS server and I can change everything as I want. It's a bit complicated at the start but then it's good.

4. I really want a webinterface because it's 1000 times faster than with console.

5. With TS2 other users who are not familiar with server hosting can administrate a TS2 too. I'm not 24/7 online so I need a webinterface.

...I really wait for the webinterface...

Get over yourselves. We're not all "l33t 4dminz" like some of you.

TS3 seems to be marketed at the same demographic as TS2. Not everyone wants to mess with CLI, nor may they have the time to learn that interface. You want to beat the competition, focus on ease of use.

You want no GUI, stick with Linux. This is Windows, this is 2010. I have been a game server admin (& TS2) for 6+ years. I don't have time to mess with CLI, insecure Telnet, and all that other garbage. If it is "just supposed to work", then provide a proper install and usable interface/GUI.

The devs have already said there would be a proper web-based admin interface at some point in the beta. If it's a Windows-based app and if TS3 is to go mainstream and beat out Ventrilo, there absolutely must be a proper install for the Windows client and server towards the end of the beta period.
    Last edited by BizSAR; January 6th, 2010 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BizSAR View Post
    we're not saying we're better than you. i'm not sure where you assumed that.
    TS3 seems to be marketed at the same demographic as TS2. Not everyone wants to mess with CLI, nor may they have the time to learn that interface. You want to beat the competition, focus on ease of use.
    and if you want ease of use stay out of the beta
    You want no GUI, stick with Linux. This is Windows, this is 2010. I have been a game server admin (& TS2) for 6+ years. I don't have time to mess with CLI, insecure Telnet, and all that other garbage. If it is "just supposed to work", then provide a proper install and usable interface/GUI.
    if you want a nice pretty polished product...stay out of the beta
    The devs have already said there would be a proper web-based admin interface at some point in the beta. If it's a Windows-based app and if TS3 is to go mainstream and beat out Ventrilo, there absolutely must be a proper install for the Windows client and server towards the end of the beta period.
    the unzip install is much better than a normal install for reasons you might not understand...if a web gui can be done without having a "proper" installer then do it. unzipping files into a given directory is MUCH more ideal for a server admin. if you can't find program files by now then you have no business getting past word processing and email.

i agree that a web UI would be a VERY good thing but again if you cant cope without it you shouldn't be in the beta...pure and simple.

(Not to mention - there IS a full access GUI for server. At client side, indeed.

No serious hoster would use linux. Quit lying to us. Telnet? Who uses telnet? lol. SSH. This isnt 1995 anymore.

Ventrilo uses drag and drop method as well, almost all server stuff does, you would know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikobiko View Post
    No serious hoster would use linux. Quit lying to us. Telnet? Who uses telnet? lol. SSH. This isnt 1995 anymore.

Ventrilo uses drag and drop method as well, almost all server stuff does, you would know this.
    I tried "apt-get install ssh" on my Window$ box, and I got,
    "'apt-get' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file."
    Now what do I do?!?!

</sarcasm>

Linuxx

Quote Originally Posted by linuxx View Post
    I tried "apt-get install ssh" on my Window$ box, and I got,
    "'apt-get' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file."
    Now what do I do?!?!

</sarcasm>

Linuxx
    http://www.cygwin.com/

Originally Posted by ANR Daemon View Post
    All GUI is on client side, and already present.
    Dman thats right GUI Kiddies! Just open your eyes!

Hosters dont need any GUI! GUi in the server world sucks. If you want to administrate a few hundred users / servers / whatever a commandline based system is much better ( Automatic Processes, FULL API ( the ts3 can be administrated with phyton,c ,c ++, c#, php, asp and everything else )

Thread Information