Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: Sound problem

Sound problem

English:

I have a sound problem, I hear all the user of the server only on the left side (speaker), but all the sounds of TeamSpeak 3 (connected, player kicked) can I hear on the left and right side.

German:
    Ich habe ein Sound Problem, ich höre alle User auf dem Server auf der linken Seite, also auf dem linken Lautsprecher, aber ich höre alle Sounds von TeamSpeak 3 (Connected, Player kicked) ganz normal auf beiden seiten (Rechter Lautsprecher, linker Lautsprecher.

I found this in the client log:
    Code:
    2010-01-01 23:58:58.765625	FMODPlayback	Error	getNumDrivers: A Win32 COM related error occured. COM failed to initialize or a QueryInterface failed meaning a Windows codec or driver was not installed properly. 	
    2010-01-01 23:58:58.765625	PlaySoundSet	Info	Invalid playbackDevice in Config File, (profile, playbackDevice) = (Standard, Realtek HD Audio output)	
    2010-01-01 23:59:01.375000	PlaySoundSet	Info	Invalid playbackDevice in Config File, (profile, playbackDevice) = (Standard, Realtek HD Audio output)

Considering TS is reporting that FMOD (or the point at which they attempt to use FMOD) is reporting a Windows COM error, you probably want to update your sound drivers. If they are up to date, you might want to reinstall them. This appears to be a potentially large issue that is much deeper than TS3.

Thread Information