Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

ts3 sound really bad when 2 computers on same router

i have 2 computers both running windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit and using ts3 when one is connected the sound is fine when both connected its crap all laggy and mixed up can any one throw some light on this so it means my other half or me has to shut down ts3 for it to work did not have this on ts3 my download is 20mb upload is 1mb and its not using the bandwidth as far as i can see any help plz

well if you are connecting on the same subnet use the internal IP of your server eg. 192.168.1.x

Do you use the celt codec for that? Or did you try to lower the quality of the current channel codec?

I have the same problem with all codecs

Your Internet Upstream and/or Downstream Bandwidth is too low.

Quote Originally Posted by H4ns! View Post
    Your Internet Upstream and/or Downstream Bandwidth is too low.
    Seems odd. 20MB down and 1MB up seems quite fast enough to me.

It should be fast enough, it really should.

On 2 mb up, 0,5mb down I've tried to host for just 2 people, and that's still caused a lot of robotic noises and issues. TS2 never did this on *any* codec setting. The opposite is true with TS3, no matter how low I set the quality it will always require more bandwidth than that.

Moving the server from a regular DSL however to a 100/100 fiber connection, I can talk with 5-6 people on the highest possible setting and it'll all be crystal clear.

I've experimented enough to be able to say safely that there's something causing TS3 to require way more bandwidth than mere codec quality setting indicates. The reduced sound quality, artifacts and metallic/robotic sounds simply should not be an issue on two people and low quality settings. Please look into this.

Thread Information