Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Question Create Sub-Channels only in one channel?

I have been searching and found some topics talking a little bit about this, but didnt have a clear answer.
    Is possible to give to a person or a group the permission of create sub-channels only in their channel?

From what I've gathered & tried, it's currently not possible. It's related to a 'feature' where channel groups give you global permissions, whether or not this is a bug is yet to be officially confirmed.

You already know when is a update coming? probably they will fix it in next update.

Well the problem has existed since the first version and it has not been publicly announced as a bug so don't really know...

channel admin permissions, they will only be able to create subchannels in the channel where they are channel admin. this works for sure for me at least. beta 12 linux_amd64

Can you tell me what permissions you gave them? To I test?

Or maybe the problem = version beta10

shouldn't be normally its the permissions :P

make sure you have no create sub-channel power in your servergroups, make sure your servergroups do not have the ignore channel groups checked.

go to Channel Admin and add the create sub-channel power.

also add the create temporary, create semi-perm, create perm. or which you want to give your users access to. (please note if not set they will not be able to create subchannels!)

they will not be able to create channels, or subchannels in any other channel.

please note that in order for them to be able to delete permanent channels you have to check that permission as well.

and double check if the channel is not created by a queryadmin, then it will have modify power 100 which overrules all. (so it needs to be set to 75 first)

Can you explain this?

"and double check if the channel is not created by a queryadmin, then it will have modify power 100 which overrules all. (so it needs to be set to 75 first)"

Didn't understand it

if I only add the permissions that you said, a error appears when they try to create a channel: "insufficient client permissions (failed on b_channel_create_modify_with_codec_speex8 (12875/0x324B))"

Sorry but in current release Channel Admins CAN create sub-channels in any other room if "Create Sub-Channels" permission is enabled for them. (beta 12 linux_amd64)

Quote Originally Posted by KiLLers NL View Post
    channel admin permissions, they will only be able to create subchannels in the channel where they are channel admin. this works for sure for me at least. beta 12 linux_amd64
    So KiLLers is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by LucidAzores View Post
    So KiLLers is wrong?
    Maybe, maybe not. We don't know anything for sure in TeamSpeak 3.... It doesn't work for us (five of us working on it), it works for KiLLers. I'm not surprised.

Slater did you check whether you server group where the clients are in has sub-channels enabled?

LucidAzores the error message gives you exactly what you need
    b_channel_create_modify_with_codec_speex8
    in channel groups, select the channel group you want to edit, in permissions uncheck show granted only, and go to -> channel -> create -> hit them all if you wish, that is at least where also you're codec error comes from. (no permission to set a channel with a codec, as all not set)
    Sorry for forgetting these. (my servergroups are already allowed to create temp channels, so forgot these)

on my server it works, you can even come and join and i'll show you it works if you want. (please send a pm then)

Thread Information