Forum

Help with talk power and join power grants

How can I make it so that my normal users can grant guests a talk power of 1 and a join power of 1. I can't even find out how to grant channel join power as an admin and I thought admins would be able to by default.

Kind Regards,

Haku

Bumping this topic since it's getting buried.

I'm afraid I don't understand what it is that you want. Could you perhaps explain what END-RESULT you want? Then we can come up with how to accomplish that.

Basically, all my channels require a talk power of 1 with two channels requiring a join power of 1 and 100.

Here is a list of my channels:

Lobby (Default, Talk power of 1 needed)

General Talk (Join power of 1 needed, Talk power of 1 needed)

Staff Lounge (Join power of 100 needed)

AFK (Talk power of 1000 needed)

---------------------

Guests have no talk power or join power. However, normal users or clan members have a talk power and join power of 5. I want to make it so that normal members or clan members can grant guests a talk power or join power of 1.

Okay, you should be able to accomplish this by giving those groups a Grant Permission. Find the permission you want (in this case Channel Join Power and Client Talk Power), right-click them, and select Add Grant Permission. Then a number will appear in the far right column, change this to the highest value they should be able to grant to others (in this case 1).

Keep in mind that because the Guest group is not permanent, when a client leaves the server they will lose these permissions, and they will have to be regranted. Also, because of the complexity of granting permissions, it might be a better idea to just use the talker flag (b_client_set_flag_talker). This way, members will be able to grant talk power by right clicking the users (much like TS2 granting voice in moderated channels).

Quote Originally Posted by UF|Renegade|LTG View Post
    Okay, you should be able to accomplish this by giving those groups a Grant Permission. Find the permission you want (in this case Channel Join Power and Client Talk Power), right-click them, and select Add Grant Permission. Then a number will appear in the far right column, change this to the highest value they should be able to grant to others (in this case 1).

Keep in mind that because the Guest group is not permanent, when a client leaves the server they will lose these permissions, and they will have to be regranted. Also, because of the complexity of granting permissions, it might be a better idea to just use the talker flag (b_client_set_flag_talker). This way, members will be able to grant talk power by right clicking the users (much like TS2 granting voice in moderated channels).
    Thank you. This explains everything. If I choose not to use the talker flag though for example, how do my members grant talk power to the guests? I think I will most likely use the talker flag option, but for channel join power, I don't think there is an option to easily grant them that from the right-click menu.

Kind Regards,

Haku

Well first, ignore that part about the group not being permanent, etc. I'm just dumb.

Now, to grant the channel join power you'll have to right-click the user, go to Permissions, then Client Permissions. You'll get the permissions window. Next, find the Join Power (Channel -> Access -> Chanel Join Power). Right-click, Add Permission. The value will by default be whatever the granting user's grant permission is.

There may be a few other permissions that you'll need to play around with this to make it work. Test it out and let us know if you get any error messages. I have yet to test this kind of thing myself.

Quote Originally Posted by UF|Renegade|LTG View Post
    Well first, ignore that part about the group not being permanent, etc. I'm just dumb.

Now, to grant the channel join power you'll have to right-click the user, go to Permissions, then Client Permissions. You'll get the permissions window. Next, find the Join Power (Channel -> Access -> Chanel Join Power). Right-click, Add Permission. The value will by default be whatever the granting user's grant permission is.

There may be a few other permissions that you'll need to play around with this to make it work. Test it out and let us know if you get any error messages. I have yet to test this kind of thing myself.
    Ok. Thank you. I'm trying to figure out how to get my members to be able to access the client permissions on the right click menu of a guest. At the moment, it's grayed out to them. I'll look through the permissions now, but if anyone figures it out in the meantime, I'm open to help.

Kind Regards,

Haku

Okay, so in order to be able to see the clients list, a group needs the following permission:
    Group -> Information -> List Client Permissions

Now, in order to edit those permissions, they need this one:
    Group -> Modify -> Permission Modify Power
    AND a Grant Permission for what they can modify.

The problem is, I can't figure out how to limit they can set them to.

This is what I tried:

Group UF| Staff has the following relevant permissions:

Group -> Information -> b_virtualserver_client_permission_list = true
    Group -> Modify -> i_permission_modify_power = 30
    Channel -> Access -> i_channel_join_power = 40
    Channel -> Access -> i_needed_modify_power_channel_join_power = 30 (Grant Permission)

And now members of that group can set another client's i_channel_join_power to anything they want. As long as i_permission_modify_power is >= to i_needed_modify_power_*, it appears that they can set the related permission(s) to any level. So how can we limit what they can set it to? I understood that the client would be able to set the permissions to anything up to their own grant permission level.

The idea here is that members of UF| Staff can override another member's i_channel_join_power with anything up to 30. Server Group has a default of 20, and the staff can change it to 10 or 30, depending on what channels the member should be able to join.

Does anyone have any information on if this is how it's supposed to work, and if so, what the correct method of acheiving this is?

@HakuAnime: I apologize for partially hijacking your thread here; I am trying to expand on your original question, and will be very happy to help you with it once I understand it myself.

Bumping this because it's getting buried.

Does anyone have information on this?

Sorry about the late reply. Thank you for your help and reply. If a developer could take a look at and consider UF|Renegade|LTG's question, it would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, I think a b_client_set_flag_joiner permission would be useful as well.

Kind Regards,

Haku

At first there is no easy way to grant i_channel_join_power.

The way to get that is:
    Create a new Server Group > Add all permissions from Server Guest Group > Edit i_channel_join_power to 1 and set SKIP! > Then edit Talk power to 1 and set SKIP!! > edit i_group_member_needed_add_power to a value you like > Now select your Normal Group and set i_group_member_add_power to the same value. BTW maybe you remove group is permanent from new guest

Now the normal user is available to grant the new group with permission window.

First, thanks for responding.

I had gotten confused by his suggestion that he wants to assign talk power. But server groups should work for you just fine Haku.

As for my question, with granting talk power: Is that how it's supposed to work? How can I limit the value a member can assign to a permission?

I had been under the impression that the max value you can set a permission to is your Grant power for the same permission. But that's not how it works. Is this a bug? How is it supposed to work?

Or am I going to have to make 8 different server groups just to control join power?

Thread Information