Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The English Typo Thread

Just while looking through the strings to translate, I've found serveral interesting typos (or was it)

First of all, one of the most obvious one, is the one in the last step of the setup wizard, where it says "you can either add a new bookmakr entry"

anyways, this thread is open for those who have found some grammar errors or typos that you've found while using the software

typos:

"You have successfully completed the setup wizard. Your next step is to connect to a TeamSpeak 3 server and start talking! In case you don't know any servers, you can start with one of the public servers available in the bookmarks. If you already know the details to a TeamSpeak 3 server you wish to connect to, you can either add a new bookmakr entry (recommended if you want to visit this server more than once) or use Connections -> Connect to join the server."

correction:

"You have successfully completed the setup wizard. Your next step is to connect to a TeamSpeak 3 server and start talking! In case you don't know any servers, you can start with one of the public servers available in the bookmarks. If you already know the details to a TeamSpeak 3 server you wish to connect to, you can either add a new bookmark entry (recommended if you want to visit this server more than once) or use Connections -> Connect to join the server."

location: captureSoundSetupDialog (the capture option in the options window)

typo: db

correction: dB (yes, I'm picky, bite me XD)
    Last edited by willy_sunny; January 9th, 2010 at 02:51 AM.

adding one more while translating ...

Location: BanListDialog (when trying to deleting multiple selected bans)

tyops:

"Delete maked..."

Correction:

"Delete marked..." (or I guess selected is fine too)

Good catch, fixed so far.

Keep them coming.

Here comes another one.

typo: Please choose an other Hotkey.

Correction: Please choose another Hotkey.

The example for clientinfo in the query doc says "cid" instead of "clid"

Yay, so excited with Beta12 Translation file, so I can report more

typo: <p>The client version is outdated.</p>Do you want to check for updates now?</p>

Correction:
    <p>The client version is outdated.</p><p>Do you want to check for updates now?</p>

or

<p>The client version is outdated.<br>Do you want to check for updates now?</p>

Just so that the tags cloes properly.

Alright, this is more of a "question" instead of typo

Line in question: <p>You selected a permanent group as default.</p><p style="color:red;">Be careful, all users will be removed from this group!</p>

Question:
    1. What does it mean by that? Since I've tried to trigger the quote, and when I apply the changes, true, the users that is originally in the group is gone (since that's the default now), but once I changed the default group to another group again, the users that were originally on the list is still there. So ... I think the warning should be re-written or something?

2. Instead of saying "all users will be removed from this group", wouldn't "all existing users on the selected group will be removed", since by using "this" could mean the original group or the new group selected.

3. When using default group, it will remove that group's permement permission (b_group_is_permement), I think that should be the warning.

Suggested new phrase:

<p>You have selected a permanent group as default.</p><p style="color:red;">Be careful, all existing users in the selected group will be removed temporarily until default group is changed to another group!</p>

Descriptive Error:

Line: Connection failed: <b>Channel maximum clients reached</b>.<br />Would you like to join the default channel instead?

Correction: Connection failed: <b>Channel maximum clients reached</b>.<br />Would you like to join the Server's default channel instead?

because both are written as default channel, just so that it can reduce some confusion

<16:29:11> Trying to resolve hostname voice.teamspeak.com
    <16:29:11> Trying to connect to server on voice.teamspeak.com:9987
    <16:29:11> Connection failed because the server reached his maximum amount of clients
    <16:29:11> Failed to connect to server
    The server reached his maximum amount of clients?

Thanks guys, adjusted so far.

Catagory Error:

FileTransferTable

Quote: %1 Queue "%2" - waiting

Reason for correcting: I thought the "- waiting" should be split up? Just so that it fit in the %1 Queue "%2" %3 format?

Consistency Error:

Quote: <p>You are about to change your own groups. If you leave a group, you might not get it back on your own!

Error: should add </p> at the end for consistency

Nice catch Willy,thanks for the support :-)

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    In Settings->Options->Design, when you mouse.over several things such as the Expand Channels options this occurs: On the first two bubble selections the word logging as in 'logging in' is typed as 'loggin in'. It only says 'logging' for the last selection which is Expand own channels on login.

I've read through most of the mouse.over things that pop up and they're inconsistent, a little sloppy. Doesn't bother me at all, I'd probably just make sure to clean it up before the final release!

I'd recommend that instead of Bookmarks -> Bookmarks

The menu should represent something more meaningful like Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks

or something like that

Thread Information