Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

servernotifyregister event=channel id=XXX buggy?

Hello,

when i register for notifications for a channel with id 1 and then register for a channel with id 2 I'm not notified for events occurring in channel with id 2.

So i can not register to get notified for multiple channels? I hope this is not by design. If it's a bug, please allow to register for multiple channels in one command like:

servernotifyregister event=channel id=1|id=3|id=6|id=4|id=5

Thanks,
    SCO

Btw. It would be nice if there would be a documentation containing the possible notify callbacks with the possible parameters and values.

I have similiar problems with this function - here my report:

1) servernotifyregister event=channel

accordingly of docu, this means servernotifyregister should be executed for all channels, but this doesn't work

2) servernotifyregister event=channel id=1
    servernotifyregister event=channel id=2
    servernotifyregister event=channel id=n

in this way only notifications will be received, if channel is a permanent channel and is no sub channel
    - if a top level channel has sub channel(s) randomly (seldom) a notification is delivered

3) servernotifyregister event=channel id=1|id=2...|id=n
    works in same manner as 2)

Furthermore, if a new channel is created or dropped I would expect a notification about this event, if servernotifyregister event=server is used.

Summary:

The event notification mechanism in TS3 is a great feature, but it seems for me, that this must be improved. Otherwise the only way is a permanent polling of channel and client list to retrieve structural changes - this is surly not the right way.

Micki

Quote Originally Posted by Scordo View Post
    when i register for notifications for a channel with id 1 and then register for a channel with id 2 I'm not notified for events occurring in channel with id 2.

So i can not register to get notified for multiple channels? I hope this is not by design.
    Some month ago I tried this with my TS3 bot. After asking about this issue, the TS3 developers said, this is the wanted behavior. Only one channel is possible.

My old suggestion thread is here:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=51695

Cool @Stefan

Hi Stefan,

yours example package de.stefan1200 was my inspiration to start development for an own "Ts3Admin" tool with special features as required from our ts3administrator. Many thanks for this well done preliminary work.
    It's hard to believe the TS3 developers general statement, because every "TeamSpeak 3" client must be notified about each structural changes in left view. I can't figure out, that these standard clients poll for this information.
    So I must put the seriousness of answer, which was given to you, into question. Therefore I would suggest TS3 developers to improve this beautiful feature "notifications". Otherwise TS3 developers should give me a reasonable example for an application of this, in my opinion, not correct implemented feature.
    Remember also,that the documentation says "servernotifyregister event=channel" without channel id should be work as registration for notifications for all channels:

"The event source is declared by the event parameter while id can be used to limit the notifications to a specific channel."

Micki

Thread Information