Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question [Rejected] Open channel chat for other channel

Hi, in TS2 there was the function to send a chat message to a channel. I can't find a similar feature in TS3. I can only open the chat for the current channel.

Could you add the function to open a channel chat for any channel?

Or is it already possible and I just can't find it?

I don't think there is but it'd be very useful

Hi,
    Why do I have to join to a channel to send channel messages as Server Admin? It is not so good. Do you plan to change this method so Admins can send messages to any channel on the server? Thanks for your answer

You can try to send a server_message.
    Activate the first tab on the bottom, with your servers name and type your message in the textbox below.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar View Post
    You can try to send a server_message.
    Activate the first tab on the bottom, with your servers name and type your message in the textbox below.
    Thank you, but I know the difference between server message and channel message. The topic is about channel messaging.

Conreason Guest

[Suggestion] Channelchat

Hello,

In this BETA-Version we can only write a message to channel, when we are in the channel. What is, if I want write a message to the channel (with the client) outside the channel?

Conreason

Quote Originally Posted by Conreason View Post
    Hello,

In this BETA-Version we can only write a message to channel, when we are in the channel. What is, if I want write a message to the channel (with the client) outside the channel?

Conreason
    a clientlist would have to be implemented like in IRC, so people know they are chatting to too.

Sorry guys, but we won't implement this feature. This was removed in an early alpha.
    The client was able to send messages into another channel, but not to read anothers messages.

Here is a bit of reasoning:

In TS2 all messages were "fire and forget" style, you had to right click, enter the message in some dialog box and then send them there. In TS3 all messages are conversation orientated. A Tab opens for this conversation.

Sending a message to some channel other than your own means you will not ever see the messages the clients try to type "in response" in that channel, it does not fit the conversation orientated model that TS3 has.
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

Then make "fire and forget" style message into any channel's chat (like Poke). They don't need to response if you can't implement this. Client to Channel is a 1-N connection so they can respond back via Private message or Poke. "fire and forget" type message into Channel Chat is still better than nothing. Please rethink whether this feature is really impossible to implement or not.

Yeah, in IRC you can send notices that are also "fire-and-forget" messages. You can send them in any channel (if that channel allows it) and people in there will be able to see that there was a notice sent from someone outside.

You could easily implement something like this, similar to the poke function - just for channels. So a input box opens, and you can type the message and send it to any channel.
    And inside that channel chat, the message appears as "User" in "Channel": text.. (with a different color as normal chat or something).

Btw.

In TS3 all messages are conversation orientated.
    I guess this also is true for the actual voice conversation, and it makes sense to do it that way.

However, how would you explain the Whisper Lists then? Similar to how Whisper Lists allow a 1->N communication, a simple Channel notice would also allow a (textual) 1->N communication.

It was already stated that this won't be implemented. No need to try and change their mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTKA View Post
    It was already stated that this won't be implemented. No need to try and change their mind.
    Not the dev's mind needs to be changed, but the code itself. However if a suggestion cannot be implemented - god knows why - that topic needs to be closed.

you can't and this won't be implemented.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...essage+channel

Thread Information