Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Question PTT Not Recognized

I had been using a Logitech G5 mouse, and had button 4 assigned to my PTT (push to talk) and everything worked just fine. I changed to a Logitech LX8 mouse and set my PTT to button 4 again (its a side button on both), Teamspeak allows me to set the button, but then fails to recognize it when i try to use it.

looks like this got overlooked

Is anything going to be done about this? I mean, its pretty sad that mouse buttons worked in TS2 and not TS3 for things like PTT. What's the deal here?

I moved from a Logitech G5 to a G9, I had this issue as well, sadly someone in the mouse drivers causes this issue...

I had to use the unhide Command Line string (CMD in Windows) to show the old mouse, uninstall it, uninstall the old setpoint if you had it, uninstall the new mouse, restart the pc (keyboard it, windows key + r, brings up run menu, type in shutdown -r -t 01 ) let it install the default drivers for the mouse, then reinstall the latest setpoint (make sure to get the latest... so many problems with older box supplied versions), then try again

that worked for me, should work for you, but only trying can you find out :P

Lightbulb Fixed

I actually found the solution just recently. Apparently, the button I am using on the wireless mouse is set up as a momentary switch by default. Meaning, when you press it, it signals and releases itself no matter how long you hold it down.

The solution to this was in the Logitech Setpoint software. The button assignments that are listed show button 4 (the one I use, which is the left side button) is marked BACK for use in document control and things like IE browser history control. If you set this to GENERIC it changes from a momentary switch to a normally open switch, thus when pressing and holding, it sends a constant signal, allowing the PTT to work properly.

As for the original functionality, I have not noticed a change in software control by changing the type from BACK to GENERIC. My IE history still goes back a page anytime I press it over an active IE window.

Thread Information