Forum

Recording privacy

I couldn't find where you could set your user to not allow recording. This is a very important feature.

Thanks for listening.

I agree. Problem is, even if we disallow the ts3 client recording, it is still very possibile and easy to record things you hear via an external programme. And this we cannot prevent or detect in any case, so it's not really a proper/complete fix to the problem you have ("i dont want to be recorded"). In the real world the fact is, if you talk through a computer with somebody else, you very well might be recorded.

true, but it limits most 'casual' users from recording. This seems to be what most of my users have a concern of. I had several people ask "how do I turn off being able to record my voice"

Quote Originally Posted by jesepi View Post
    true, but it limits most 'casual' users from recording. This seems to be what most of my users have a concern of. I had several people ask "how do I turn off being able to record my voice"
    I agree

It would be best to put some additional rule and if its now allowed button should be disabled.

Like I posted here some days ago, I hope to see a permission for that too .

Its different if someone have to know a audio grabber / recorder, install it and use it, or just click on the teamspeak menu.

I agree totally. Sure, people could record before but they would have to take some steps to make that happen. People are far more likely to record given they now have this easy little button to use.

We need to be able to disable this feature.

On the other hand however, I would prefer to be able to see that a user is recording a teamspeak session (via the client) than him hiding the recording somewhere in the background. That would add some level of control that you don't say things that shouldn't be recorded.

Of course it should be up to the admins to decide which they would prefer though.

I think it should not be forbidden because now you can see if someone is recording you and you can shut up if you do not want to be on the net When its forbidden and someone will record, you do not recognize it because he will use external apps.

So better this way

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    I think it should not be forbidden because now you can see if someone is recording you and you can shut up if you do not want to be on the net When its forbidden and someone will record, you do not recognize it because he will use external apps.
    While I play online games I look maybe every some hours on teamspeak. So I can't know that someone is recording in the channel. Everyone is able to click on "Start record" in the Teamspeak menu. But only less peoples on my TS3 server are able to know a software to grab audio and able to configure this.

Also there still seems no audio event in Teamspeak 3 if someone in the own channel starts recording, like a sound "User starts recording" or something like this.

Except for this I see no reason against a channel or server group right to set b_client_allow_record or something like that. Of course, I know that you have more important things on the ToDo list. But please don't ignore this suggestion.

I agree completely with Stefan. It's been a nuisance, nothing more actually, in previous versions. And it will remain like that if you can't globally disable (or per channel) this feature.

Only few I know have the knowledge to actually install a sound record app and replay it so it can be heard in teamspeak again. My user base is between 13 and 35 years old.. Additionally the time you need to make this setup function is way too long for someone to "just" record someone who is acting strange for a few minutes.. Instead the built-in functionality of recording is so easy, anyone can record anyone at any given time by just assigning a key-combination to it.

All my users run ts in the background by the way. Just to support Stefan in that one too. It's easy to chat and surf websites etc without the necessity to split your screen (for those without dual or more screens) and reduce browser size.

The drawbacks of this functionality are too severe. In my opinion, this feature is the worst having migrated from the previous version.

So please make it a setting.

With client release Beta10 we include a notification, when someone starts recording.

Thread Information