Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Talking TS Proxy (this is NOT proxy bypassing)

Hi,

I'm a sysadmin at in a residence for students, and there is a lot of people that want to use teamspeak. It is in our policy to allow that, however this is making holes in our firewall (since there is no standard port for TS, we just open a new port for each server).

We'd like to be able to put a web interface for people to tell us which server they want to use, and it would tell them to use our proxy with a specific port that would redirect the traffic to the TS server. That way, we would be able not to open dozens of ports for everyone.

Does something like that exist ? I don't care if I must code it myself, but I'd like to find at least a few hints about the TS protocol (I would not want to forward non-TS traffic, this would be an awful security breach).

Thanks in advance

Ok, so sniffing the network helped me a bit (no offense, I did not try to reverse the protocol, but just to get something I can rely on to detect TS packets), and I started a proxy project, if anyone's interested : http://github.com/EquiNux/TS-Proxy

This is kind of beta test. You've got a Python/Twisted server, and a C++/Qt client. An installer for the client is available in the "Downloads" section of the project. TS2 support should be OK, TS3 should work but I'm not sure at all that I did cover all the cases...

If you need to use this, feel free to contact me.

Thread Information