Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WhisperSound

Smile WhisperSound

This plugin adds a special sound to whispers to identify speakers as whisperers.
    In a game usually there are teams in different channels. The team leaders can whisper to team leaders of otherchannels using the TeamSpeak whispering function. If people don't know each other it may be hard to find out if a speaker was a whisperer or a regular team member in the same channel.

WhisperSound.ts3_plugin - v1.4 (2011-11-20)
    (compatible with win32 and win64. Open it with package_inst.exe from your TS3 install directory and the plugin will install)

Releasenotes
    ---

v1.4
    ---

- Plugin compatible with TS3 Plugin API Version 14 (since 3.0.2)
    v1.3
    ---
    - Plugin compatible with TS3 Plugin API Version 13 (since 3.0.0)
    - Changed the install package to a .ts3_plugin installer package wich is
    still a ZIP archive. But you can auto install the plugin now by
    open it with the TS3-Package installer (package_inst.exe in the
    TS3 direcotry)

v1.2
    ---
    - Plugin compatible with TS3 Plugin API Version 11 (since 3.0.0-rc2)

v0.1.2
    - Plugin compatible with TS3 Plugin API Version 8 (since beta 30)

v0.1.1
    ---
    - Plugin compatible with TS3 Plugin API (since beta 25)

v0.1.0
    ---
    - Using new plugin API for whisper sounds (since beta 21)
    so now the whisper sound also works if whispered from the same channel.
    - Play a cracking noise at the beginning and the end of the whisper.

v0.0.6
    ---
    - Plugin compatible with TS3 Plugin API Version 5 (since beta 21)

v0.0.5
    ---
    - Plugin compatible with TS3 Plugin API Version 4 (since beta 18)

v0.0.4
    ---
    - Plugin compatible with TS3 Plugin API Version 3 (since beta 12)

v0.0.3
    ---
    - Plugin compatible with TS3 Plugin API Version 2 (since beta 11)

v0.0.2
    ---
    - Removed log message that was written each time someone said sth. in the same channel.
    - Removed "WhisperEnd.wav" because it was not used.

v0.0.1
    ---
    - Initial version
    Last edited by Pommes; November 20th, 2011 at 09:39 AM.

Hi,
    thanks alot for this plugin.
    It would be very useful if the plugin would do a sound even when the person whispering to me is in the same channel. I often do not see the TS client window, so I have no way to tell if someone is whispering to me.
    It also spams the client log with this line:
    2010-01-10 16:40:56.612304 WhisperSound Devel I am in the same channel than the speaker with client id '22'. No whispering sounds needed.

Hallo i love this addon.
    Can you add an option that i get also a whisper chat sound if the user thats whispers to me is in the same channel?

Regards,

Gabba

Hello,

I'm glad that you like the plugin.
    I just uploaded version 0.0.2 (Links are in the first post) that fixed the log spamming Failure told about in his post.

I understand that you both want the whisper detection also working from whispers within the same channel. I would prefer this, too.
    The restriction of playing the whisper sound only if the whisperer is in another channel is not a feature. I did it because I think it is currently the only way to identify speaking as whispering.
    The TS3 plugin API does not provide functionality to detect whispering. All I found about whispering was an interface for modifying the whisper lists.

So what I am currently doing in the plugin is to check for each incoming voice if the speaker is in a different channel. If this is the case I say "Well that is whispering" and the sound is played. Because of this it is not possible to detect whispering from the same channel.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think that is the only way to handle this with the current TS3 plugin API. If someone has an idea I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your work Pommes, this is really a feature that should be in TS3 without a plugin!

Would you consider releasing the source? I only ask because it seems like a simple enough plugin that you may not mind releasing it, and because TS3 plugin authoring is in its infancy, releasing it would provide another example of how to get started. I am especially interested in your visual studio build configurations for x64.

Regardless of your decision, thanks for the plugin and cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by oktane View Post
    Would you consider releasing the source? I only ask because it seems like a simple enough plugin that you may not mind releasing it, and because TS3 plugin authoring is in its infancy, releasing it would provide another example of how to get started. I am especially interested in your visual studio build configurations for x64.
    Sure, why not. It is just a few lines of code but maybe it can help others to start with plugin creation.

I also played around with QT but it did not work yet so I commented it out. I also still have not compiled (or downloaded) 64 bit QT libraries so the lib section of the linker is empty in the 64 Bit profile.

WhisperSound_v0.0.2_src.zip

Oktane if you are interested in 64 bit configurations of visual studio and if you are using the express edition (like me) please keep in mind that you have no 64 bit support right after the installation. But it is possible to make the express edition 64 bit ready.

You need the
    Microsoft Windows SDK

and you have to do some manual changes.
    I used the following HowTo to make my express edition 64 bit ready.

Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition And 64-Bit Targets

Kind regards,

Pommes

Thank you!

Do you have a file called: Documents\Visual Studio 2008\custom_rules.rules?
    The vcproj file insists on having that to load. I tried to spoof it by making a blank file, but it expects XML and a root element.

Alternately I can remove it from the vcproj, but I don't know what it was for.. did it copy the dll to the TS3 directory or something like that?

Yes, simply remove it. I needed it while playing around with QT. It was a custom build rule to generate code from the QT widget.

I do not copy the created dll automaticly into the TS3 folder because that fails if the plugin is currently loaded in TS3.

I just uploaded version 0.0.3 (Links are in the first post) which is compatible to the client beta 11 (Plugin API Version 2).

Thumbs up

Hi,
    very nice plugin. We try it the last days on our TS3 and we love it.

Now waiting for update, to run it at client 12

greetings
    lorbaer

edit: whispersound in same channel: may anyone from the tS3 Coders can help you?
    I would also prefer it

I just uploaded version 0.0.4 (Links are in the first post) which is compatible to the client beta 12 (Plugin API Version 3).

thanks man, works fine

same channel whispersound only missing

greetings

Awesome tool man. Keep up the good work

I vote for sticky

No whisper event?

How do we get an onWhisper event included in the SDK?

Surely this is pretty straightforward, since it's still in active development anyway.

Sorry for my poor english !

no onWhisper event in the SDK.
    Look at the source code.
    Pommes uses the onTalk event. Then if the guy who is talking is in the same channel as you, a sound is played. That's all !

Thread Information