Forum

Thread: QT Designer?

QT Designer?

Alright so I'm trying to wrap my brain around QT software as best I can considering I just took a look at it today. I have read, or at least scimmed thorugh the tut, but I am trying to apply it and hitting a roadblock.

I understand you can use the .qss file to alter attributes for certain syntaxes and ahieve most of what I am wanting to do, however after reading through some of the other posts it sounds like you alter/load/preview/rinse/repeat type method.

I am looking for a more on-the-fly/realtime preview such as the QT Designer wysiwyg approach. Herein lies the problem. In order for me to use the plugin I have to use a .ui file.

Am I uderstanding the process of TS3 skinning corectly, your only option of skinning is to edit the .qss file manually as stated in the second paragraph, or are we able to use the QT Designer plug-in as well?

Appreciate any help on this, it would allow me to understand which approach to use when skinning.

I dont know about a wysiwyg so I just edited the .qss in a .html editor raw
    Last edited by TheCommonCold; January 9th, 2010 at 10:57 PM. Reason: grammar

Well yea same thing with QT Designer (an editor) but it displays the widget/TS3 interface at the same time displaying the changes as you go. Also I assume it has an "inspect" tool so you can basically click on the "graphic" and it would highlite where in the qss it is.

Dunno, just sounded pretty useful but without it, raw edits are really not a big deal.
    Last edited by .oNeg; January 15th, 2010 at 05:08 AM.

Thread Information