Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

[SUGGESTION] MODALQUIT Change (ADDED IN Non-released beta 10)

I had the misfortune to set MODALQUIT in the Host message. The problem is there is NO WAY to fix that unless you change the entry in the SQL Database(and that is hard to find, and impossible to do if you are renting a server)

My suggestion is. To Either
    1. Add a Confirmation to MODALQUIT that notifies the User of what it does and gives an example.
    2. add a Permission Variable(Boolean would be best) so that Hosts can Disallow the use of MODALQUIT ONLY.

I know that this is a usefull feature for closing TS's But it can potentially cause BIG issues in the future because of curious Admins messing around with it and Blocking off their server. and having to get support from their host to fix it. And we all know that support tickets can take a while to get responded to. (for those unforunate enough to have a provider that doesnt have many people working support)

Thanks.

I will be back with more Suggestions. or bug reports
    Last edited by MajorThorn; January 19th, 2010 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Changed Title of post

Hi

You didn't had to edit the entry in the database...you could had it disabled using ServerQuery, as explained here.

As for the suggestions, the first is a must have. The second could be helpful, but i don't think it will be implemented because the host message system would have to be changed (i guess). Anyways, you shouldn't give SA to people just like that, and even if you see that they are curious, just disable the host messages (b_virtualserver_modify_hostmessage) and use the welcome messages.

Regards

i dont give anyone SA i am tlaking about Hosts like gameservers not myself. I would like to see a warning for MODALQUIT though. but i dont think that it would be hard to do #2 though. but either one would be good. it has to have some thing.

A Confirmation is a must, I didn't know what this did either. I didn't try it because I saw this post, but looked it up.

As for permissions, the ability to disable this feature? Maybe.
    Better solution (or both could be implemented) is a new permission PERMISSION_b_virtualserver_join_ignore_modalquit

ModalQuit is for User/Hoster who like to inform user example "this server has been moved to xxxxxx". This saves traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by changelog
    * added warning when selecting modalquit hostmessage mode in the virtualserver edit dialog
    thank you devs!

Thread Information