Forum

[SUGGESTION]Seperate temp subchannel creation rights from temp channel creation

Hey,

Atm, there is no way to give a usergroup Temporary Subchannel Creation-rights without giving them full Subchannel Creation-rights.

This is something VERY needed as many including us have our AFK channel at the bottom and our games under a Games-category and we don't want our users to create temp subchannels under the AFK channel, we want them to be able to creat Temporary Subchannels under the correct category that disappear when they log off without giving the full Permanent Subchannel rights.

I hope that make sense

Also, even admins can't delete temp channels when the user is still IN them. Needs to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexion View Post
    Also, even admins can't delete temp channels when the user is still IN them. Needs to be fixed.
    I just tried this and it poped up the warning saying that the channel still has users it it, like it should. I said ok and it kicked the users and deleted the channel.

And i agree with the sub channels suggestion.

Regards

I believe the permission is: Force channel delete (b_channel_delete_flag_force) that controls being able to delete channels with people in it. If that isn't it, its beyond me what it is but I can also kick people from a channel while deleting it.

Hmm. It works now, perhaps my client was timed out. Thanks for the notice!

The permission about subchannels is working here (Client Beta 9, Server Beta 12).
    Just dont give the permission to create sub-channels to servergroups (except SA i. e.), make this a channel permission.
    Then any user who can join this channel may create subchannels in this particular channel, but not in other channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar View Post
    The permission about subchannels is working here (Client Beta 9, Server Beta 12).
    Just dont give the permission to create sub-channels to servergroups (except SA i. e.), make this a channel permission.
    Then any user who can join this channel may create subchannels in this particular channel, but not in other channels.
    Yea...you're right

I seem to forget that we can do almost anything with the permissions groups. I trend to stick to server groups only

Channel permission inherted permisison is on our todo list.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar View Post
    Thank you for the tip, good stuff.

And thanks to the abov dev poster, good to hear! I'll use the workaround for now.

Thread Information