Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Teamspeak 3 blocks mediaplayer and other applications

Everytime Teamspeak 3 is running, i cannot open a media file with the mediaplayer.

If i shut down TS 3 i can use it normal again, also with games i have sometimes seen this problem. When TS 3 is running sometimes my games have no sound.

I have tested it with different Sound apis but all the same.

Iam using Windows 7 x64 with Creative XFI Fatality Soundcard.

It seems that TS 3 however blocks the sound device, i also cant understand it...

I have the exact same problem. TS3 often blocks the sound in games or videos when 3 or more programs with sound run (including TS3). Also Windows 7 x64 and a Creative X-Fi (XtremeMusic).

Most of the problems I see on my server are from those people who have Creative cards.

I have an Asus Xonar D2 and have never experienced this. Have you guys tried Daniel-K's modded Creative drivers to see if they fix these issues?

Quote Originally Posted by T.S. Excreta View Post
    Most of the problems I see on my server are from those people who have Creative cards.

I have an Asus Xonar D2 and have never experienced this. Have you guys tried Daniel-K's modded Creative drivers to see if they fix these issues?
    Yep both i have tested Xfi Support Pack 2.0 Driver from Daniel K. and the offical one.

I have found out that it only appears, if headset is plugged in and the creative software turns on the headset mode. Nevertheless this is the best feature for me of the X-FI Soundcard.

With Teamspeak 2 there is no problem with the headset mode, also in earlier betas i cant remeber that i had such problems.

Ok.. everyone is having problems with Creative Cards... do all of you run Windows 7???.. If so.. Creative on there website has addmitted that they don't have the proper drivers as of yet for windows 7... I can suggest that you 1.) wait on them to fix the driver issue, 2.) understand this is still in Beta format, 3.) think about the possiblity that you may want to remove your creative sound card for the time being until they update the drivers... I can assure it is not TS3 that is causing these problems as a whole.. it's your soundcard with the improper drivers for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Imaho Potato View Post
    Ok.. everyone is having problems with Creative Cards... do all of you run Windows 7???.. If so.. Creative on there website has addmitted that they don't have the proper drivers as of yet for windows 7... I can suggest that you 1.) wait on them to fix the driver issue, 2.) understand this is still in Beta format, 3.) think about the possiblity that you may want to remove your creative sound card for the time being until they update the drivers... I can assure it is not TS3 that is causing these problems as a whole.. it's your soundcard with the improper drivers for it...
    are you a developer of teamspeak 3 or why are you writing so administrative things?

the problem is maybe both, the driver support of creative and the teamspeak 3 BETA, but Teamspeak 2 is definitvly running fine, so i would say it is a bug of teamspeak 3, how it uses the new sound api in windows 7. i dont want to blame anyone, no i only want to inform, so i dont understand your reaction as what? if you dont have issues with teamspeak 3 it is wonderfull!

But iam not removing my high quality sound card, because of one missing voice programm sorry and i think it is the wish of the developers to get the best compatibility for all systems.

also in the preview screenshoots look here the same soundcard http://www.teamspeak.com/media_repos...t_options3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by maximus3 View Post
    are you a developer of teamspeak 3 or why are you writing so administrative things?

the problem is maybe both, the driver support of creative and the teamspeak 3 BETA, but Teamspeak 2 is definitvly running fine, so i would say it is a bug of teamspeak 3, how it uses the new sound api in windows 7. i dont want to blame anyone, no i only want to inform, so i dont understand your reaction as what? if you dont have issues with teamspeak 3 it is wonderfull!

But iam not removing my high quality sound card, because of one missing voice programm sorry and i think it is the wish of the developers to get the best compatibility for all systems.

also in the preview screenshoots look here the same soundcard http://www.teamspeak.com/media_repos...t_options3.jpg
    I wasn't trying to come across as a jerk or anything.. I had the same issues with my Creative card when I upgraded to Win 7 64-bit... I was going to wait till Creative released the new drivers, but they told me in an email, that they were probably not going to get released until late 2010... I can say.. first hand that creative wont hurry to release drivers..

Quote Originally Posted by Imaho Potato View Post
    I wasn't trying to come across as a jerk or anything.. I had the same issues with my Creative card when I upgraded to Win 7 64-bit... I was going to wait till Creative released the new drivers, but they told me in an email, that they were probably not going to get released until late 2010... I can say.. first hand that creative wont hurry to release drivers..
    Sorry, the problem seems to be caused by the CMSS-3D of the headphones, if i disable the CMSS-3D, teamspeak 3 is working fine again, but a real solution is that not

I also have this problem. Running vista and xfi. If I start up ts with cmss enabled, no other sounds in any other program work. If i have a media player running before ts is started the media player sounds will work, but nothing else will. Disabling cmss does solve the problem, but this is not a very good solution for me as the sound quality suffers.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus3 View Post

the problem is maybe both, the driver support of creative and the teamspeak 3 BETA, but Teamspeak 2 is definitvly running fine,
    You are making the same mistake as a lot of other people... you are comparing TS3 to TS2. They are so very different from one another in terms in protocol and code that it's basically like comparing a Ford Pinto to a Maserati.

Stop assuming that just because you do not have the problem with TS2 that you won't have the problem with TS3.

You also have to consider that the problem is more than likely a driver issue, and not necessarily TS3s fault. Some drivers are very poorly written, like those from Creative and RealTek. While they may "work fine in TS2," the newer and more robust portions of TS3 are really only showing how weak those drivers are.

Keep that in mind as you continue to test the BETA of this program.

My problem is that my firefox/explorer freeze when I try to watch youtube clips etc and even if I wanna see a video on my comp. Running win7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by T.S. Excreta View Post
    You are making the same mistake as a lot of other people... you are comparing TS3 to TS2. They are so very different from one another in terms in protocol and code that it's basically like comparing a Ford Pinto to a Maserati.

Stop assuming that just because you do not have the problem with TS2 that you won't have the problem with TS3.

You also have to consider that the problem is more than likely a driver issue, and not necessarily TS3s fault. Some drivers are very poorly written, like those from Creative and RealTek. While they may "work fine in TS2," the newer and more robust portions of TS3 are really only showing how weak those drivers are.

Keep that in mind as you continue to test the BETA of this program.
    Completly equal! The only thing which really counts is that it works, however poor driver or not, which soundcard is better? For me the new features of TS3 are cool, but not neccessary if i have to disable another good feature for it. Also iam not stupid and now that TS 3 is a complete new programm, but not every new programm is better than the old one!

And if TS 2 works and TS 3 not, i use TS 2 and having no issues.

But the question is still, why is TS 2 working and TS 3 not, bad fmod maybe, bad compatiblity between fmod and creative drivers maybe and why is TS 3 not using a direct access to the hardware via OpenAL?

Again i dont want to blame anyone, and i respecting the good programming work and hope that the TS 3 developers can intigrate a solution for it!

I have found a workarround for that problem, which is good for me.

You have to select low latency ASIO, with the 64bit version of teamspeak 3 it is not working for me, but with the x86 version it works fine, select creative asio and ts 3 is working fine and you can hear all sounds of your computer again also with enabled cmss-3d.

Sorry to drag this thread back up
    but i am now getting this issue after todays update
    Win7 x64 Pro with Soundblaster Arena headset

possibly wrong thread/unrelated
    see http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=59726

Thread Information