Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Database ERM available?

Is there an TS3 Database ERD available?

We try to develope a usermanagement framework for TS3, that acts for websites with existing userdatabases.

The TS3User and Website Member inputs his public key and gain access to the related group.

ATM we are creating tokens via website to do that, but if the user lost his account -cause banned from the website- he is still member of the TS3 groups ...
    Thats not what we wont, if we delete the user from the website the user have to lost his privileges at the ts3 server.
    ATM we have a dirty hack workaround fot this issue - but on long terms thats not quike good ....

So what we need is a complete TS3 ERD and maybe a list of user to groups related tables and fielddescriptions... is something like this available?

Have a look at this discussion: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=49091

Just use the MySQl-database for TS3 and work with some PHP-scripts. This is all you need to do...

With PHP modifying the TS3-database, everything is possible, just think a bit about it please.

Hacking the database might not be the best idea. Better use server queries. You should be able to do everything with server queries too.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterW View Post
    Hacking the database might not be the best idea. Better use server queries. You should be able to do everything with server queries too.
    Could you tell me why? I don't see much difference here... The queries do exactly the same (delete/modify content of the database). Only difference is that the queries reload some content but this is not needed everytime.

One has to decide what's best... I personnally prefer PHP because with the serverqueries you can't do as much as I want to

@peter we are using the TS3 mysql extension

you dont unterstand my target....

serverquery and token are not able to "remove" a user from database including his permissions without "fucking up" the database with datacrap ....

but maybe i just dont understand the serverquery completly .. i`ll figure this out soon

our solution atm:

The user connectect to the server and can do nothing,
    than he have to enter his public key to a form at out website,
    the website checks the ts3 database that the public key is valid and is not from another already registred user...
    Than the Website generates tokens(yes multipe tokens) in relation of users website rights.
    (If he is an website admin, he is TS3 Admin to, if he is member of the EVE Section he gets the EVE Member rights (chanelgroup) to join the EVE Channels at our server.

If the User is leaving the community - his ts3 rights have to delete too, so we delete the user at clients table at ts3 database, so all relations are gone....

But thats will load the ts3 tb with a lot of shit cause the old relations are not deleted too.

Creating a user with specific rights is not the problem... thats ok with tokens .. but how to delete.....
    Last edited by phedaikin; January 11th, 2010 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil-rich View Post
    Just use the MySQl-database for TS3 and work with some PHP-scripts.
    The prefered method to interact with the TS3 server is by using the serverquery interface. This way, you are sure to leave the database in a "sane" state, if you fire your own queries you do not have this luxury.

Also, Lil-rich, why on earth are you promoting to use the MySQL database everywhere? It simply is not true that this makes anything more easy. You can access the sqlite database no problem with php scripts, the sql queries are not usually different and using sqlite is easier (aka default) and usually much more perfomant too.

Using mysql has, in my opinion, only one valid reason for TeamSpeak: If you need to integrate some data that is already in a mysql database into a ts3 server (e.g. if you want to use your forums user descriptions as the TS3 user descriptions or sth). Just for the sake of firing queries at the database (e.g. via php), you should NOT go to mysql.
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

Quote Originally Posted by phedaikin View Post
    you dont unterstand my target....

serverquery and token are not able to "remove" a user from database including his permissions without "fucking up" the database with datacrap ....
    If you read the thread PeterW linked, you see this is a known problem and in that thread there are a few proposed changes that we will implement in the coming days that should make this problem easy to solve.
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The prefered method to interact with the TS3 server is by using the serverquery interface. This way, you are sure to leave the database in a "sane" state, if you fire your own queries you do not have this luxury.

Also, Lil-rich, why on earth are you promoting to use the MySQL database everywhere? It simply is not true that this makes anything more easy. You can access the sqlite database no problem with php scripts, the sql queries are not usually different and using sqlite is easier (aka default) and usually much more perfomant too.
    I know but if something is not implemented in the serverquery what should you use instead?

His request seemed to be urgent in my opinion so I told him how to solve it (until serverqueries are supporting the needed features). And the "sane" state of the database should be the same if you run the correct mysql-queries and perhaps restart the server after they finished.

I just tried to help and gave some tips which seemed to fit the way he described it. It's a better tip than "Please wait until it's possible with serverqueries" because this is no solution but a consolation

Thread Information